Vietnam game?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck
the reason why is because its a war that no-one is interested in, in fact its the destoyer of game series, Battlefield Veitnam was and is the worse of the series, not even bad company can top it for its crapness. The only reason everyone wants it is because of jungle warfare, which no offenisve to any americans, the yanks where and are crap at. The single player will be about a deep as a puddle and the multiplayer will be the same jungle over and over again. Borning as hell if you ask me
Level 68
Likes: 0
Posts: 16458
Registered: ‎10-02-2009

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck
there have been some most crappy and old, cod5 should have been vietnam
Level 3
Likes: 0
Posts: 94
Registered: ‎24-09-2011

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck

Recondo_61079 wrote:

 

there have been some most crappy and old, cod5 should have been vietnam



+1
Level 25
Likes: 0
Posts: 2828
Registered: ‎24-06-2008

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck

Recondo_61079 wrote:

 

there have been some most crappy and old, cod5 should have been vietnam



I'm glad its WWII. Especially the Pacific Theatre. I haven't played one against the Japanese since uh Medal of Honor: rising sun, which i love!
Level 12
Likes: 0
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎27-02-2011

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck

Machine-Of-Hate wrote:

 

Saruwatari_29 wrote:

 

There's been two Vietnam games on PS2. One was Nam somethingorother, the other one was Conflict : Vietnam.



Laddy!!!



Shellshock: Nam '67



it was not very good, if i remember correctly
Level 68
Likes: 0
Posts: 16458
Registered: ‎10-02-2009
Highlighted

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck
Since we're consolidating errant threads here, I will add my response to L3VIATHANs (good) point on that other thread.



L3VIATHAN wrote:

 

My problem with a 'Nam game would be the psychological warfare the VC used, and how it isn't nearly as effective to today's gaming generation, who are generally so detached from their game that it doesn't even cross their mind that they have just killed someone. The VC would strap five-year-old children with explosives, and send them off in the direction of Allied troops, saying that the Americans, South Vietnamese, or French would give them food, water, medical care, and/or their families (which were in all likelihood dead already) back, among other things. At this point, a soldier is given a nerve-wrecking decision - put a few slugs in the cranium of the completely innocent child who was told that you were their salvation, or try to help the child, and put the lives of yourself and your fellow troops in mortal danger, and try to help the kid. Guess what happened to the explosives of the soldiers tried to do the second option.



But in gaming, it's much different - you just shoot the kid, otherwise your avatar is "killed" and the dread words "Game Over" appear on your screen and you have to work through the last half-hour or so again. There is no hard decision to make.



Sure, realism isn't equal to fun, and I don't want kids, adults, and vets getting PTSD because of a video game, but it was such an integral part of their tactics, that I can't imagine a singleplayer game without it - aside from botfests like BF:V.





"I take your point and actually agree with it. I'd rather see a game done right than just churned out to the blood hungry, desensitized masses.



Going back a few years when I first played Medal of Honor on my PC, the opening of the game is the Normandy landing. The atmosphere was so tangible I was actually scared to run from cover. I was sat there cowering in a trench while my (virtual) team mates screamed in pain and fear as shells rained down onto the beach. I pressed on and was given orders to move to an artillery unit beyond some fortifications.

I vividly remember running full tilt across the battlefield as soon as there was a lull in gunfire, then hearing the thud of bullets in the ground and realizing I hadn't reached cover in time and I was torn to pieces.



That was the first time I had ever actually felt guilty for playing a video game. The fact that I could just hit reload seemed like a slap in the face to every soldier who had actually died on that field. So as I write this I'm not so sure a Vietnam game would be a good idea, unless, as you said, it was done right. Maybe then people (including myself) would understand, in some tiny way, the horror these people went through. I have no personal experience of war and can thankfully only imagine what it's like."




Ok, I'm done being solemn. Who wants pie?


Level 9
Likes: 0
Posts: 557
Registered: ‎21-07-2008

Re: Vietnam game?

in reply to tennbuck

Hi.I'm Vietnamese . I'm playing CoD MW2 on PS3 . My PSN name's Little_Stick_zXz . Add me !

Level 1
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-05-2014

Studios