3 bars vs 4 bars connections

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: 3 bars vs 4 bars connections

in reply to indy56

5 bars. I thought there were only 4 max. I really must be laggin. What color comes after Dark Green?

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

sorry i meant 4, to quick on the keyboard, lol

Level 21

in reply to indy56

Phew.... I was on the phone with comcast yelling at them....hung up after your correction.

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to CowboySr

I thought it was just me.  I was having some really good games until the update.  Lately I'm just doing absolutely horrible and I never end up on a 4 bar.

Level 8

in reply to shmedlywilcox88

If I dont play with my friends in Tampa, Im fine for the most part. Unfortunately the majority of people I play with are down there. I have to befriend them now.  Feels like IW just head on collided with a bus load of my BFFs.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

I've have complained about the difference between a 3 and 4 bar connection for months now. Its brutal playing on a 3 bar connection. I play with people all over the US and some in Canada. Most are in the northeast with me but some are in Florida, Texas, and the westcoast. If any of the guys on the westcoast pull host I complain all night long because I cant kill anyone.

This is the reason I always try to be party leader. When I am party leader i pull host 99% of the time. The game plays fine when I am host or anyone that I have a 4 bar connection to. I have a well above average internet connection.

That is why I gets pissed off when I see all the threads about lag comp and host disadvantage on the forums. Face the facts. A 3 bar connection doesnt mean you are god with lag comp on your side. The connections in general are messed up in this game.

I am pretty sure the bars are your connection to the host.

Level 16

in reply to CowboySr

I don't know about you guys but I find 3 bar matches more playable compared to when I'm hosting.

Honestly, I wish I didn't have to tweak my connection to avoid hosting matches.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims people like you tweaking your sh!t acctually ADDS to the hotfix problems,

Sigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh its so broken.

Level 5

in reply to vims2011

Agreed, I see people on here calling turtle beach users cheaters, and that's absolutely absurd.  You, on the other hand, are the genuine article.  Idiot.

Level 4

in reply to TheHonch1

@DRKillinit as well. Why should we be penalized because IW can figure their coding out? I do the same thing, no sense in hosting if Im going to be penalized for it, and IW cant tell me how to set up my home internet connection, which isnt cheating FYI. It just makes my very good internet appear to be the same as everyone elses craptastic internet.

Level 24

Studios