3 bars vs 4 bars connections

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

3 bars vs 4 bars connections

Ive really been struggling since the matchmaking fix. My guess is because the people I play with live almost exactly 1000 miles away from me and host. With the new matchmaking we play all of our games  on Tampa servers now. I never have a 4 bar connection anymore and the lag is horrible. We discuss the bars in game and they say they see I have 4 bars when I clearly have 3.  So Im wondering if the bars arent a reading of how Im connected to the host, but rather it measures the connection i have to each individual in the room. Anyone know? Why else would we see different bars for me at the same time?

Level 34
48 REPLIES

Re: 3 bars vs 4 bars connections

in reply to CowboySr

I've had the exact same problem, looking forward to a good answer...

Level 4

in reply to TheHonch1

Count me in as one of those looking for an answer. i can no longer play good connection games with my clan mates because the lag that it has created since the last patch. Playing with the few on the west coast is marginal but when the guys from Canada join it goes to hell.

Level 16

in reply to CowboySr

It's carma paying you back. How many times have you told people it's any issue with their connections rather than accept an issue with the game exist?

Level 21

in reply to Nubdub

Well I dont know what carma is professor, but Ive never said there isnt a problem. Or are you generalizing me with some % of the population you have a problem with.  Mindless really

Level 34

in reply to Nubdub

I think you guys are missing the question.  Correct me if i'm wrong here Cowboy, but it's not "why do I lag"...it's about why when I see three bars, my team is seeing me as having four bars at the same time.  I've encountered that, too, which begs the question...what are those bars really measuring.

Level 4

in reply to TheHonch1

Yes,this is what Im trying to understand,thank you

Level 34

in reply to Nubdub

Level 2

in reply to Nubdub

I agree. It seems to be a "top participant" disorder. Unless they have the issue personally, it doesn't exist. Glad to see he's having issues too now. Karma fursure. For ME personally since its release..bad connection 50% of the time, unplayable 5% & Ok for the remainder. The only time bars meant anything to me, when I had one orange bar which was the 5%.

Level 2

in reply to CowboySr

Ita a funny old thing ..this connection and lag stuff, normally when playing gamers from within my own country, UK , my connection is fine, very rarely do i get less then 5 bars, and most games seem evenly matched, however as soon as someone from across the channel,(europe) my bars seem to remain the same yet those players with less bars always seem to have the upper hand,if playing late in the evenings when most Americans and Canadians appear my bars go down to 2,at that point i give up as having less bars dont help me at all ,

Level 21

Studios