A great way to deal with cheaters . " DEV'S look at this "

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

A great way to deal with cheaters . " DEV'S look at this "

Rockstar (max payne 3 )will be putting anybody that gets caught cheating , glitchin,boosting and or moding into a separate lobby / game mode to play with other cheaters only...

I hope this is something that the cod dev team is considering on future cod titles that would be great...

Would put some consequences to the action not just a temp ban/ reset..

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/35441/taking-aim-at-cheaters-in-max-payne-3.html

Level 9
14 REPLIES

Re: A great way to deal with cheaters . " DEV'S look at this "

in reply to wolverinecm71

I Agree.

Level 2

in reply to wolverinecm71

You do realize that those that cheat or mod would not care about this and may actually like this. It would not be a punishment to them at all. All this would do is give them free regin and even more reason to continue doing what they do. Which is not fixing the problem in any way or form but actually feeding the problem and making it worse.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Never beng able to play in a normal game lobby again, would ruin them I think

It's a good idea

Level 3

in reply to Koeswik

No it would not ruin them, most players that mod do not care about playing in normal game modes. They would be quite happy to remain in a modded only lobby.

When i played PC games more I modded like crazy, and would have loved a game to have this, then I would not had to worry about players that cried about any mods being used.

I dont mod on console games because they are not really worth the effort to do so. I used to run a moded server for Tribes and for Mech Warrior on the PC.

Level 70

I'd be more than happy for them to have their own lobbies, then I wouldn't have to put up with the under mappers and rock glitchers, and IW/Treyarch would not have to work to patch them and could spend their time doing something else more usefull

Just my take

Level 3

in reply to Koeswik

Yes it would remove them from normal lists, but would not remove the problem itself. The problem is the developers need open beta's of the game so these things can be found and patched before the game is released.

Level 70

I find it hilarious when they say that their internal beta is enough to help the game before release and when the game comes out, they're hit with bugs and they act like they didn't see it coming.

Too bad that a beta is highly unlikely to happen. #shame

Level 10

in reply to bubbacake

True, because they do not want to risk people getting free play on the game and then not buying it maybe. Or having pre knoledge about guns and maps and releasing it through yt thus destroying any hype they try to generate about the game.

Strangely enough BF had one and all it did was make the game better by the time it was released. Helped fix some of the problems that some of guns had.

Then again if they started using open beta's then they would not need beta testers as much and could cut them out of the credits and pay.

Eh, until they have open beta's this franchise is always going to end up with problems like this game has.

Level 70

I think most of them would hate it.

Think of all cheaters using god-mode mods in one lobby. I wouldn't find it fun shooting players who can't die.

Level 51

Studios