Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

In their quest to get  little digital badges

Level 4
41 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

in reply to JKL_9697

Not really.  If anything, we take a whole lot more deaths than we normally would during the ops just to get those little badges.  There are always 2 or 3 non-clan folks on the enemy team camping their butts off for easy kills and since the clans are under a time constraint to score, we can't check corners like we normally would if we want to maximize our op score.  The only op for which this isn't the case is TDM which I consider my revenge op for all of the deaths that I take completing the objective in the KC and DOM ops.  I think the problem most folks have with clans is that they are afraid of getting stompped by them.  So they back out of lobbies that are running a full party.  Personally I think that it's silly to back out because most clans are made up of regular players (not everybody is a star) and when you do occassionally run into a well stacked clan, it's a good opportunity to up your own gameplay.  I faced a clan the other night that knew spawn trapping like the back of their hand.  I didn't win a single match against them but I got a lot of kills and had a good time trying to win.

Level 69

in reply to JKL_9697

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

The concept of clans and how to level them is a bit wonky, but it is what it is.  The game is setup for it, people are just playing it.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to JKL_9697

I dont think they are, however I think when playing mutiplayer, they should only be able to go against other clans.. I think parties should only go against parties.

Dont get me wrong Im personally fine with going up against clans, I normally wipe the floor with them anyway, but I also like to win, so when I am paired up with noobs, though I come out with a good KD we normally always lose since my team has no Idea how to win against a communicating party

Level 18

in reply to ERROR_6_

What would have been cool is to have a special play list which gets populated with the clan ops games.... or something to that effect.

I agree with you in principal. I have no problems playing regularly against teams, but during clan ops the games get screwy (esp in Domination) because the team is no longer concerned with the win, as much as they concerned with the clan op objective. 

Although the objective for TDM (and KC somewhat) stays the same, the way the game is played changes so much it is not enjoyable. I play 1 game, take my 250, and go play a different game type.

Activision Ambassador

What would have been cool is to have a special play list which gets populated with the clan ops games.... or something to that effec

Yes I agree with this, there should be a team based lobby (without splitscreeners)

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to ERROR_6_

Clans are what they are.  Sometimes they work well together and sometimes they don't.  It is more fun to be on the other team when they don't...

Had that happen last night.  Some clan-team lost 2 HC Dom in a row against a team of randoms before quitting.  it was good times.  i was 5 PBRs in at that point! 

I don't think there's a problem with the clans, but it would be nice to see more "mercenary" lobbies in more games.

Level 2

in reply to ERROR_6_

Well said....

Level 48

in reply to JKL_9697

Clans have existed in COD for sometime.

Difference is that there is more incentive to create your own clan or join a clan to have some competition.

However, I would agree that clans should be playing against other clan in clan operations. It's not fair to those who play solo.

Level 51

in reply to JKL_9697

Full parties / clans should never play (half) teams of split screeners and greenies / low levels. That’s the main issue. Getting on a team with them vs clans, clans don’t have to be good to get the win. W/L is thus complete bs. Next to all the random drop losses people who play solo get constantly.

Otherwise in all honesty it’s not hard to beat most clans, when you have one other beast and at least decently experienced teammates, especially if they objective whore. I often beat clans and see them rage all the time. I only hate playing them with Noobs as you're mostly just playing for kills then and get spammed by point streaks in the air.

There should be more mercenary lobbies (separate dom, tdm, S&D and kc) and these lobbies should let small parties team up as well (2 to 3 max for objective game modes). I generally play with 1 or 2 other players, a full party is generally boring. I don’t last longer than 3 matches then.

Level 9

Studios