Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

in reply to SnipinDB

agreed

Level 18

in reply to SnipinDB

Lets be honest your not actually playing other clans, your playing against parties with the same clan tag. That's what MW3 has done.

I play as part of a clan, and we hardly ever play clan operations because they are boring.

We mostly play Domination, some capture the flag and a bit of demolition.

When we are playing Dom we capture 2 flags and hold them, and let the other team come on to us. None of us care about KD.

Until the operations are the most wins in a certain game type we wont play them. I have no interest in running clockwise round a map caturing a flag then going to the next one.

Clans haven't ruined anything Beachhead have, by setting up stupid operations

For the camping point clans don't camp any more than anyone else, every game i go into there is at least 1 player camping, most clan matches i have there is 1 player camping.

Level 9

in reply to andynewns

Not saying it is right, but this is EXACTLY how I feel.

The clan op objectives are outright stupid. It should be based on wins (with score differentials as tie breakers), not on caps/defends (in Dom).

And as for KC and TDM, if a team gets the most tags/kills they will win (obviously).  The problem is that clans can separate and go into different games to get their individual confirms/kills up (which count towards the sum) and they could all lose their matches, and the clan can still get gold.

No idea why Beachead set it up the way they did... Hope they learned from this.

Activision Ambassador

Exatly correct, rlbl.

Adding insult to injury, when it comes to Lone Wolf challenges, when people should split up and work independently, they don't.

"Clan Op? Oh, let's split up to win."

"Lone Wolf Op? Oh, let's stick together to win."

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to JKL_9697

No.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

no

i`m sice cod4 in clans,and its amaizing to do ops in public games not only privat clan wars

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to LeaderWolf1

i dont really know what you have to do for ops, but I do know that for people who may not be as good at the game, it can ruin their experience in spawning just to be killed by a clan who is spawn killing randoms, to boost kd, or hit some sort of kill marker or point marker.. if they want to do that, thats fine, and if your good, then these clans should have no prob doing to another clan

Level 18

in reply to ERROR_6_

I hear what your saying error_6 and this is a valid debate on new vs vets or randoms vs clans but the way I see it if you only play with newbies you will never truly improve at the game. I paid my dues getting smashed and learned.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to ERROR_6_

I'd actually prefer to play the ops just against other clans.  I find our biggest problem isn't with the clans because they are playing the objective but the randoms create the biggest hassle because they aren't playing the objective.  Just for reference, the clan ops score on the following:  KC (confirming yellow tags), DOM (capping flags), TDM (kills).  Note only one op out of the 3 gets you points for killing although KC comes close to that but you still have to confirm the tag and only the person that confirms the tag gets the score towards the op.  So if you're not running a full party of premium players, it is possible for another clan to steal the op points for your kill if they pick up the yellow tag in KC.  I get shot all the time from guys hiding out at flags and guys hard camping just waiting for someone to come along for a tag.  I know that's normal for the normal gameplay but the difference is that I'm not rushing through a normal match.  So normally I would take out the hard camper and run up my killstreaks rather than sacrifice my life to pick up two or three tags or a flag.  To score well in the clan ops you have to end matches quickly.  So even if you lose the match, you can actually pick up more points towards the op if you lose two matches quickly than if you grind out a win in one match.  It's a crazy way to play but I didn't set up the rules.

Level 69

in reply to JKL_9697

Gives player that may otherwise K/D camp play the objective in modes they wouldn't otherwise play..

Level 1

Studios