Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Re: Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

i disagree, they camp more because randoms no longer feel confortible with run and gunning, they stand back more and play more campy

Level 18

in reply to ERROR_6_

Good point because the ops are very up tempo and hectic.  I can't say that I ever considered it that way.

Level 69

in reply to JKL_9697

Yes and no.

When there is a bigger or full party of clan members K/D camping and bragging after the game how good they are, it ruins the game. I'm also pretty sure these types are the ones intentionally inducing lag to their connection to have an advantage over everyone else. On few occasions I've overheard a clan discussing their connection when they have forgot to mut me, and you can also notice it from the instakills they are dishing out. Then again it's fun when sometimes you end up in a lobby with a guy flying solo and remember him and his buddies shitting on you earlier, and making him raqe quit when his not able to K/D camp as usual when his buddies are not there to cover all corners.

On the rare occasion when a clan is playing fair, and you are lucky enough not to be teamed up with lvl 4 split screeners, the clans are not an issue. It can be fun and more challenging than usual, and this is coming from an average player. However since this doesn't usually happen, i wish there will be a merc KC playlist in BO 2.

Level 7

in reply to JKL_9697

Clans are not ruining COD as they have always been around. We just notice it more on MW3 because of the yellow clan tags. Even now, some/most clans still run random clan tags to stop people from quiting when they see a team full of yellow tags, including my clan.

It is quite often that my clan faces other full clans and it is also often we play teams full of randoms. It sucks when you guys get stuck with teams of split screeners; believe me, I understand. At the same time though, it is also often that the team you are on is also full of 3-5 clan members who all work together. It's the luck of the draw, I suppose.

You all can play how you want, after all, you did purchase the game. If you want to play alone/not with a clan/not in a party, all the more power to you. But you can't complain that you get whooped because you choose not to play with others. You can't complain that you got put on a team who don't want to work towards the objective because you can't be bothered with playing with a clan.

In my opinion, clans are not ruining the game, your own decisions to play alone in a game the requires team work to play well that may be ruining the game and/or matchmaking for you.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I find that too if you take your clan tag off people want to play with you .. Well that sounds wrong I meant against you lol. I like being in a clan, once you find the right one its all gravy. Some clans are worst too play against but I think its just apart of COD.

Why not be in a clan? Its fun and I find it makes COD better for Multiplayer IMO.

Level 8

in reply to JKL_9697

The only thing that annoys me as a solo player is having to play against them.  There is mercenary but that then restricts the game type.  I don't have anything against the concept of clans and clan ops etc.  But it can and should be kept separate from solo players.  But as others have said, it is what it is and you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Level 38

in reply to JKL_9697

Im in a clan,but usely run solo anyway as they are based in the US and im in the UK,so the lag is awful at times. I hate it when entire clans spam UAV and ballistic vests.and it takes me a while to get used to that style of play.

Level 24

in reply to JKL_9697

Wouldn't say they are ruining the game but can be frustrating to play against.

I've found that I come up against clans more in this COD than previous ones though. Can be very tough for people who play solo. Especially when a team of randoms are running all over in different directions, especially in objective game modes, or daren't go for the objective in case they get killed. Find I'm trying to win the game on my own sometimes.

A lot are saying get into a party or clan if finding it hard to go solo but all of my mates don't like MW3 for various reasons, and haven't got it anymore.

Would like to try a clan but I mainly only play domination and team defender, and don't want to commit to having to go on all hours or compete in Clan Ops or whatever else they do. I'm not really that good and don't want to show myself up, lol. I only play for fun really. although I use the term lightly. MW3 is the least fun COD I've played.

Level 7

in reply to JKL_9697

Clans have been around long before ps3. You can join a clan or just cry about it. Clans are not the problem. The problem is the little kids that QS, camp and use tubs and think they are good. I have been in a clan for 2 years now.

Level 4

in reply to JKL_9697

Here's the deal, anybody who parties up (clan or just friends) with more than 2 (3 or more) should ONLY be able to play other parties/ clans of 3 or more people.

Sure it might take a little longer to find a match, but then again maybe it won't.

Like one of the other posts stated above, let them bore each other with their tactics and gameplay.

This makes the game more fun/ playable for everyone and the game producers will sell more product because of it.

The way the game is set up now you get stuck in lobbies that very much make it not fun unless you like to lose, get killed alllll the time, and get your stress up.

Level 10

Studios