Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Re: Anyone else think clans are ruining call of duty ?

in reply to TexasVic74

Clans/Parties do not ruin the game at all! im in a really good clan and yes when we do work together it can be really tuff to win. I also run solo quite a bit and i play multiple clans and i say us randoms win about 75% of the time. All it takes is some experience and you just need to adapt to the clans gameplay! once you figure out how they work you will have no problem beating them!

I Think Clans make the game a little more fun when im running solo or with my clan, because you know its not going to be easy and you will be challenged. and as for camping im sure 90 % of the people on here that say people are camping are wrong and are just coming up with an excuse as to why they lost. i've been called a camper multiple times when that wasn't even the case. I guess its called Camping when your reloading your gun so you take cover, or when you've been shot so you take cover to recover your health.

bottom line is learn to lose, learn to win, learn to not be a poor sport, and this game will be alot more fun for everyone.

Level 3

in reply to JKL_9697

Clans haven't ruined the game, it is the lack of a legitimate venue for solo players that is hurting the game.

Mercenary has too many problems. For one, friends can get into the lobby and do so. They boost both directly and indirectly. It's the indirect that ticks me off more than anything.

The other big problem with Mercenary is that it is just a moshpit of games. I hate moshpits.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to JKL_9697

No, clans and team work are all part of the package.

I ran solo last night against party/clan with a team of randoms for around 5-6 games, I don't think any of my team were over level 50 Nil prestige, So needless to say as team we got wrecked.

However, I stayed with the guys for two reasons

1, Connection, ok we were losing but connection was great(smooth, I even got the red hit markers when I was hit, very rare lol.

2. Just because they are a party/clan does not neccessarly make them better players, I had a 2+ kd in all but one of the games. 

Play your normal game, tighten your style where necessary and don't fear it, take on the challenge, you will take some hits along the way but you will become a better player in long run.

One thing I saw my team do yesterday were camp around the spawn!!!(inviting the spawn trap!!!), next thing pred missile 'multikill'.

Level 30

in reply to JKL_9697

I think Activisions connection and Matchmaking settings are ruining call of duty.

Check this out for a joke. Last night I'm in a party of 6 friends (were all in England)

We search for a game and get matched against a clan of 6 players  (all from Turkey - gotta be 2,500 miles away). wtf????

Surely there must be other gamers nearer we can't be the only British gamers on at 10pm LMAO

Level 3

in reply to KingM16

Well plenty of Turks live across the whole of Europe. They were probably from Germany. Or did they have 2 bars?

I do wish they would first search for local hosts and if that fails after say half a minute let them go aboard. No real reason to play aboard in big game modes, other than separate map packs and stupid matchmaking.

Level 9

in reply to SnipinDB

No they were in and from Turkey. We all scratched our heads and couldn't figure out why both parties had been suitably 'matched' but then we remembered it was MW3 lol

Level 3

in reply to JKL_9697

Match Making & Parties - Prior Ban(s), Excessive Reports, Heuristic Detection  check this out and see what you think..it was written by MOMBA1.....it should answer your question

Level 8

in reply to JKL_9697

no clans have a right to play they just need their own room to play in...clan based rooms

Level 8

in reply to JKL_9697

Please don't paint all clans with the same brush many are there to play the game.. we play TDM HC the clue is in the name..TEAM... but I do agree some clans probably go over board and spoil it for others.

I have said before and keep saying.. give the clans what they need, Private Rentable Servers simples

Level 3

in reply to Born51uk

it looked like I said no clans...that's not what I meant....no I don't think clans ruin it....clans have a right to play they should just have a clan or party room....sorry for the misunderstanding

Level 8

Studios