Best Xbox 360 Controller for CoD: MW3

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Best Xbox 360 Controller for CoD: MW3

Has anyone come across an Xbox 360 controller, other than the standard one that comes with the system, which they prefer to use for MW3 multiplayer?  Before anyone posts a response, let me be clear, I am not looking for a modded controller.  I am not looking for rapid fire.  I am not looking for auto-reload.  I am not looking for something that has 20 buttons, glows in the dark and air conditions my hands while I am playing a game.  I'm just wondering if there are any controllers on the market, which are more conducive for fast paced online play.  Lately, while using my standard 360 controller, my hands have been cramping up big time.  It's actually gotten so annoying that I tried creating and using a sniper class just so I wouldn't have to run or move around as much.  Aside from the fact that I don't enjoy using sniper rifles (I don't have the patience to sit and wait for a kill...ADHD), every time I clicked the stick to hold my breath I ended up slowly moving out of my sniping position because the hold breath button is the same stick that controls your movement!  I'm sure with time and practice I would have figured out how to resolve that issue, but to be honest I don't want to play a class I don't enjoy just so that my hands won't cramp up like I am an 80 year old man.  So, back to my question.  Are there any legit controllers out there that others have found more comfortable to use?  I'm not even 30 years old, so I shouldn't feel rheumatic every night while playing COD.  And yes, I have already tried surfing the web.  Unfortunately, the third party companies making modded controllers seem to have a stranglehold on the search engines, since they were 99% of the search results.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best Xbox 360 Controller for CoD: MW3

in reply to GotchaBych
Solution
‎01-03-2012 08:57 AM

Check out scuf gaming. They modify official Xbox controllers, but not with turbo or any of that crap.... Lots of different customization options

Scufgaming.com

Level 4
20 REPLIES

in reply to GotchaBych

i have been looking for the same thing for the same reasons

Level 5

in reply to GotchaBych

Try razer onza tournament edition.

Fully programmable buttons (each one of them) adjustable resistance for both sticks, ergonomic handling my absolutely favorite!

Level 16

in reply to GotchaBych

I've purchased the razer onza and each of the Mad Catz contollers (COD edition), and honestly the controller that I've had the most success, and longest life was a standard, wired Xbox controller.  The razer with adjustable resistance was ok (for me), but I just didn't like the ergonomics.  The mad cats, on all three that I have owned, lose the connection from the wire to the board inside the controller.  It was like none of them were soldered correctly.  Now I just use the regular wired Xbox controller, and have no issues at all.

Level 6

in reply to GotchaBych

You can buy an external adaptor for your controller it's called the avenger, it's meant to improve overall gaming performance, help reload, switch weapons faster etc.

Never tried one, they also say 100% money back guarantee.

Only thing I'm not sure about, is whether or not they're classed as modding?

Here's a link

http://www.avengercontroller.com

Level 7

in reply to GotchaBych
Solution
‎01-03-2012 08:57 AM

Check out scuf gaming. They modify official Xbox controllers, but not with turbo or any of that crap.... Lots of different customization options

Scufgaming.com

Level 4

in reply to topherlive

Sorry it's actually Scufgaming.net

Level 4

in reply to topherlive

its .com...

Level 24

in reply to deadestllama

I guess both work

Level 4

in reply to topherlive

isnt this kind of modding against the rules?

Level 5

Studios