Black Out?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Black Out?

in reply to trialstardragon

are you stupid? there is double XP, oh the same day, what a coincidence??? be realistic, even person like me who was ready to blacked out wasn"t stupid enough to do it on a such event. not that I care for xp, I ended my prestiges, but I know that is a waste of time. peoples who manage this black out should have change the day when they notice the activision poker move... but they didn't do it, so there is no way to known if this could have worked...

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to earthwormjim357

earthwormjim357 wrote:

are you stupid? there is double XP, oh the same day, what a coincidence??? be realistic,

what you mean the double xp weekend we always historically get when another platform gets a dlc drop?

Level 75

I'd say a blackout would only work if 99% percent of players across every system just stopped playing. Not for just a day, but just stopped. In fact, sold the game on eBay or craigslist, you know what I mean?

Just stop everything Call of Duty related.

Level 10

in reply to bubbacake

The chance of that happening is about 1,000,000,000 to 1.  There would still be someone buying those games and playing the game and IW would still be making money of the sells of any dlc that those new players bought.

Level 70

For a black out to be successful, you need an overwhelming majority of support. Sure, back in the old days of, say, '99 Blackouts would be useless since there was no such thing as patches/DLC. The fact is, if people aren't around for DLC, Activision will be thinking twice. DLC numbers are the numbers that count, not the sales of the actual game.

Then again, there is the whole ELITE DLC handling so maybe that won't work either.

Level 61

No one I talked to about it online yesterday even knew what I was talking about

Level 9

in reply to Cheezbrger

With all the Quality Assurance people IW has,what could the community want to protest?

Level 15

Studios