Blue Screening when Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for the PC. HELP!!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Blue Screening when Playing Call of Duty: Modern W...

I recently got a new computer and it is far beyond the requirements to play Call of Duty: MW3. I have played many other games and have not been blue screening with anything but MW3. I have had two different blue screen errors: (1) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Stop Code: 0x0000003B), and (2) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Stop Code: 0x000000D1). I have made sure my video drivers are up to date and everything. I don't understand why I am only getting blue screen errors with this game. Please help if anyone knows how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Josh

joshgrable
3 REPLIES

Re: Blue Screening when Playing Call of Duty: Mode...

in reply to joshgrable

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

What I recommend you do is completelly remove your graphics drivers via uninstallation and a 3rd party tool such as Driver Sweeper to remove any left over info. Then reinstall the latest drivers available at Nvidias or AMD's website.

Good Luck.

-Organik

organiktsu

in reply to organiktsu

I have done the following and I am still getting blue screens, I am running the game with windows 7 if that helps at all

joshgrable

in reply to joshgrable

For issues such as this, there is a very handy program that will tell you exactly which drivers are causing the blue screen (Most blue screen issues are caused by bad drivers or bad hardware).

Download, Install, Run, and post the results from the following program:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

In most cases, the program will tell you (at the bottom of the log) what is causing the problem, and what is recommended.

Moderator Moderator

Studios