Can't connect to servers?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Can't connect to servers?

So I was playing earlier today, but ended up getting cut off due to a DNS error. I came back to it about 10 minutes ago, and the problem had since been fixed. However, I cannot connect to the MW3 servers. I get the error message; "The Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for updates." I have done this, and it says the servers are fully operational.

I have checked the support page, and have attempted all of the recommended steps, but to no avail.

What do I do?

Level 1
20 REPLIES

Re: Can't connect to servers?

in reply to Tears_of_Blood

Hello Tears_of_Blood,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem. Have you tried resetting your router? ^JJ

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

Yes. Multiple times. I have no problem connecting to the internet either. A short while after posting this topic, I was able to connect to the servers, but only for two matches, when it decided to not connect again.

Level 1

I'm able to connect once more now. I'll see how long it lasts.

Level 1

Tears_of_Blood,

I'm glad to hear you were able to connect again. Hopefully things will continue smoothly. Be sure to let us know how things go and if you have any other questions or require additional assistance, please contact us via Twitter:

http://twitter.com/ATVIAssist

http://twitter.com/ATVIAssist

Or

Facebook: http://facebook.com/ActivisionAssist  ^JJ

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

So it continued to work the rest of the night, however since then I have been unable to connect at all. My PSN access still works just fine, but when I try multiplayer on MW3, it continues to fail. I'm starting to get extremely frustrated. I've never had this problem before, and I don't see why it should start now.

Level 1

If I may ask, who is your Internet Service provider?  What region are you located?  How long have you been experiencing this problem?  Also what console are you playing the game on.  Again I do want to apologize for the connectivity issue you are currently having.^RT

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

Hello guys,

I can't play mw3 multiplayer to. When i want to join a server, i wait 10 minutes or more  but i can't join a servers. I get the message" trying to connect 1/50" 50 ping,75 ping,100ping... i have this problem since 2 days.. Can you help me please?

Level 1

in reply to canpoo

Hello,

So you are also experiencing some connectivity issues into matches in Modern Warfare 3.  What console are you playing the game on?  Also if I may ask, where are you contacting us from and who is your Internet Provider.

In the meantime, try rebooting the router and modem at your location to see if that will help.  Also, if possible, try to find out the NAT Type that is displayed in the multiplayer menu.  Thanks!^RT

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

I play MW3 with my computer, and I contact you from Belgium. My Internet Provider is Telenet. I play MW3 since 4-5 months ago. and i have this problem since 2 days. I have reboot my modem but i have always the same problem...

Level 1

Studios