Can the emp grenade disable kills streaks?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Can the emp grenade disable kills streaks?

Just read through some emp grenade threads and couldn't find the aswer. What I was wondering is if I am running around and find an enemy with his laptop controlling a killstreak ie. reaper, ac 130 etc. and I hit that player with an emp grenade before I knife said player will it disable that players killstreak. Now I know if I hit  that player before the player opens the laptop they willl not be able to use their killstreak till either they rewpawn or the affects wear off but I want to know if I can bring down the big killstreak with it. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Level 9
8 REPLIES

Re: Can the emp grenade disable kills streaks?

in reply to nflfenatic

EMP'ing the player themselves will not affect their killstreaks.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Sit rep pro is correct, however that would be very funny if you could do that.

Level 7

in reply to nflfenatic

Nada, it only affects the player and not the KS in uses. Now you can use the EMP to take down the recon drone if you get it near it when it explodes. But would not affect the drone if you just hit the player that was controlling the drone with it.

Level 70

in reply to nflfenatic

Works well on on-ground Killstreaks like the IMS and Sentry Guns, and the Recon Drone as mentioned above. No effect on players on the ground controlling it... but you bring up a good point. If you are lucky enough to find that player... it should disable their controls. I don't think it happens that often.

Interestingly enough, a friend and I discovered you can stun the A-6 Overwatch with it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I find it odd it seems to have zero effect on Johnny Five though.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Agreed. You have to get a direct hit, and even then the results are iffy.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

More wonderful balancing from IW. And why do you only get one of them?

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

TheSurgeon83 wrote:

More wonderful balancing from IW. And why do you only get one of them?

You should get two tbh.  Problem is the game favours more attacking setups than defensive ones, which may be used by people who wish to use them as counters.  Like the radius of the Portable Radar is larger than the radius of the Scrambler.  The radius of the Predator Missile is larger than the radius of the Trophy System.  You get two flash grenades but only one EMP grenade.  Sentry Guns are airdropped, which can be used to protect an objective or a player controlling a killstreak, but barely anyone calls them in because of potential hijacks myself included.

Level 31

Studios