Clan Challenge-Long shot- Best class/weapon

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Clan Challenge-Long shot- Best class/weapon

So this may be a silly question, but what is the easiest gun to get a long shot with? What I noticed is that the long shots are not based on one number like 200 feet. They are based on a number in respect to the gun class you are using. Meaning that for a long shot to be long with a sniper rifle it has to be for example 400 feet, but with an smg it might only be 100 feet.   Since the clan challenge starts in 15 min, does anyone know what the easiest gun is to get those with? I never seem to notice when Im getting them.

Level 34
13 REPLIES

Re: Clan Challenge-Long shot- Best class/weapon

in reply to CowboySr

I'll probably be rolling with an acr acog or mk14 acog

Level 3

in reply to SirMaXx

Im thinking the MP7 with range might do the trick

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

I'm probably going to try out several things but if I were to hazard a guess, I would say shotguns would be the easiest simply because they don't have much range to them to begin with.  You'll probably take a hit on your kd trying this unless you're really good with shotguns simply because you'll have to use it in situations where you normally wouldn't position yourself (ie longer corridors).  But the op isn't for the best kd.  Just the most longshots.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I dont have range unlocked for them right now. Plyed too much SnD this prestige. but even when I have it, I dont recall getting many of them with this class

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

Did it solo with the USAS and grip. No range needed. Just blast away at the outside of your range, should take more than one shell, but goes quickly.

Level 1

in reply to phxs72

sniper 1hit 1kill + longrange easiest

Level 2

in reply to CowboySr

As you say with a sniper its much more difficult you'll get other acolades first like most scoped kills or most sniper kills, and as you'll often get OHK its hard to determine where the distance for a Longkill is.

Best bet is an AR with ACOG/Hybrid, or SMG with HAMR

Level 9

in reply to CowboySr

Snipers, if you are decent with them.  If your aim isn't the best with the bolt-actions, you can double-tap with the RSASS.

Other than that, I would say MK14 (2-3 shots at range, with excellent accuracy) or even an LMG (3 shots at range, with easily manageable accuracy), as they all have great damage drop-off.

With the snipers, use them unsilenced (better one-shot kill with bolt actions and fewer hits with RSASS at range), but you can throw a silencer on the MK14 and you should always run an LMG with Kick + Silencer or Attatchments + Grip + Silencer, in my opinion.

Level 2

in reply to CowboySr

Type 95 is excellent for long shots, red dot or acog.

Level 4

Studios