Connection issues? Wiggy has the cure for your troubles

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Connection issues? Wiggy has the cure for your troubles

in reply to splittinwigs

I haven't played barebones yet, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Search and Destroy, for me anyways has always been the least laggy gametype and one I always seem to do well on. I would think barebones follows along the same lines as a gametype like SND.

Level 1

in reply to funky_bunk

Makes sence Funky. Since there is little KS spamming and spawning in that game type, you should assume it should have less lag issues.

Great Point Sir

Level 22

in reply to funky_bunk

yeah i play good on S&D too, rest of the gamemodes are lagg fucked

Level 1

in reply to splittinwigs

anyways back on the topic de jour... as some of may remember earlier this year the infamous story of when we killed canadas internet.

for those not familar with this one of our buddies in canada hosted a private lobby, being a night of shenanigans we decided to set killstreaks to 1 kill and make that ks a care package..

and let loose playing ffa on nuketown..

took about first mins was fine.. 2nd bit skippy...by the third something wasnt right by the 5th the game froze and our buddy dissapeared off line for hours, reason his cable modem had a heartattack, it couldnt keep up with the amount of traffic being generated by the multitude of killstreaks, its buffers filled and it died, it took our buddy a good few hours to get it up and running again basically having to reset it and wait till it cleared the buffers.

the moral of this story... whether  or not you happen to be someone whose mental and social abilites are akin to a rhododendron with a bad case of green fly, the simple fact is killstreaks make extra traffic, extra traffic is more packets ..more packets means more stress on a connection.. stress leads to the darkside..

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

anyways back on the topic de jour... as some of may remember earlier this year the infamous story of when we killed canadas internet.

for those not familar with this one of our buddies in canada hosted a private lobby, being a night of shenanigans we decided to set killstreaks to 1 kill and make that ks a care package..

and let loose playing ffa on nuketown..

took about first mins was fine.. 2nd bit skippy...by the third something wasnt right by the 5th the game froze and our buddy dissapeared off line for hours, reason his cable modem had a heartattack, it couldnt keep up with the amount of traffic being generated by the multitude of killstreaks, its buffers filled and it died, it took our buddy a good few hours to get it up and running again basically having to reset it and wait till it cleared the buffers.

the moral of this story... whether  or not you happen to be someone whose mental and social abilites are akin to a rhododendron with a bad case of green fly, the simple fact is killstreaks make extra traffic, extra traffic is more packets ..more packets means more stress on a connection.. stress leaves to the darkside..

Fear leads to anger

Anger leads to hate

Hate leads jealousy

Jealousy leads to Wiggy...

Great analogy Master... Hehe

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Still only anecdotal evidence.  If you want to prove your theory, provide scientific data.(that's why I asked for a source above, that's what a citation is, a request for actual evidence).

I'll admit that more stuff happening is more data, but how much more?  Will it really impact broadbrand internet?  I can download a gig an hour even on my small connection, how much data are we talking here?  If it were really enough to clog one's bandwidth, it would be a record shattering phenomenon, hence, my doubt.

Mw2, at a quick search of google, show's that it used about 15mb an hour up and down.(a big interest to some, because some ISP's still have caps for monthly usage)

That doesn't even scrape even my measly connection.

That's what i mean when I ask for a source.  Until you come up with some data, you're just another kid suggesting he put his xbox in the oven or wrapping it in a towel to fix it.  Urban myths, old wives tales, and anecdotal stories, do no one any good.

I could claim that I saw god once, doesn't prove a thing. 

Frying a cable modem once?

Maybe it was old, full of lint, and just overheated.  Sitting on the carpet(static discharge can fry electronics, and the carpet can hamper airflow)?  Stuffed into an entertainment center with all of the other space heater electronics?

Maybe the host xbox is so resource overloaded it can't communicate with the modem. or function correctly perma-glitching the game.  You could do this easily enough in Halo's forge mode, and it had nothing to do with the network.

Still, the fault is with the game, and not a solution to the network issue of the core game playing badly.

Sure, it may be sage advice for people willing to play that game type, but for the masses it's useless, therefore the thread title is flat out wrong.

Level 10

in reply to splittinwigs

Great games last night Wiggy! It sure was nice getting to play the game as it was intended for once. No B.S. connection related deaths, no one hiding in a far off corner waiting for that one poor sucker to walk by, and there weren't a hundred explosions going off in my ears.

When Robert Bowling said "A return to gun-on-gun, like CoD 4" I felt completely betrayed when witnessing the final product... but then we found a diamond in the rough... Barebones! Maybe this is what he was referring to? For his sake, I can only hope so.

Oh, and I sure hope Foxy can get here and clean up the filth. There's a certain little troll who's just begging to be taken to the curb.

Level 12

in reply to fell14043

fell14043 wrote:

Great games last night Wiggy! It sure was nice getting to play the game as it was intended for once. No B.S. connection related deaths, no one hiding in a far off corner waiting for that one poor sucker to walk by, and there weren't a hundred explosions going off in my ears.

When Robert Bowling said "A return to gun-on-gun, like CoD 4" I felt completely betrayed when witnessing the final product... but then we found a diamond in the rough... Barebones! Maybe this is what he was referring to? For his sake, I can only hope so.

Oh, and I sure hope Foxy can get here and clean up the filth. There's a certain little troll who's just begging to be taken to the curb.

You bet Sir! Don't forget we need to pencil in a time and a video for your "meet the 4rummer" video.

No rush, get one of your favorites and let me know and we'll hook it up.

Barebones was a blast last night, just hope people take Wiggy's advice and take advantage of this unpolished turd in the rough.

Level 75

in reply to splittinwigs

splittinwigs wrote:

fell14043 wrote:

You bet Sir! Don't forget we need to pencil in a time and a video for your "meet the 4rummer" video.

No rush, get one of your favorites and let me know and we'll hook it up.

Barebones was a blast last night, just hope people take Wiggy's advice and take advantage of this unpolished turd in the rough.

Well, I've got one or two good games that we could use I think, and I'm good pretty much anytime on the weekends.

It was a helluva good time, for sure. I'm hoping to replicate the same success tonight.

Level 12

in reply to splittinwigs

Thanks for the tip, Wiggs.  I'll pitch the plan to my clan-mates tonight and see if anyone is interested.  The way things have been going, they might agree to a riot shield only match if it's relatively lag free.

Level 1

Studios