Connection issues? Wiggy has the cure for your troubles

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Connection issues? Wiggy has the cure for your troubles

Wiggy and Fell 14043 played barebones tonight and believe it or not, you play "most pit" style, but we had ZERO, that's right folks, ZERO connection issues during this gaming session. It was amazing without the endless bombardment of air support/killstreaks and endless calling in of said support that the game played extremely smoothly. Now some of you might say "Wiggy, no one plays barebones!" Well apparently the secret was out, because Wiggy and Fell played for about 2 hours and the lobby's emptied and filled back up extremely quickly and we never had an issue with matchmaking or lag whatsoever.  If you are seeing connection issues, Wiggy recommends BAREBONES playlist. Don't judge it, give it a shot and see how you like it.

Level 75
47 REPLIES

Re: Connection issues? Wiggy has the cure for your troubles

in reply to splittinwigs

My ISP has a server issue where I test 250ms ping to a Detroit server, about 5 miles away. Will my connection be perfect?

Level 8

in reply to CSx121

Try it and advise. Good test of this discovery.

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

gallp13 wrote:

Try it and advise. Good test of this discovery.

Yessir, Wiggy was suprizingly shocked at the results. He honestly thought no one would be playing Barebones, but amazingly we had no issues finding games or keeping the lobby full.

Level 75

in reply to CSx121

CSx121 wrote:

My ISP has a server issue where I test 250ms ping to a Detroit server, about 5 miles away. Will my connection be perfect?

Well, if you have subpar internet, lag compensation should help you, but no one guarantees a "perfect" connection.

Level 75

in reply to splittinwigs

Everyone thinks that lag compensation gives players with a worse connection an advantage.

After about 20 games with a ping from 175ms-400ms.. that seems like a stupid myth that the community started throwing around cause they see the word lag compensation being associated with someone with a disadvantage and good internet. Connections are not that black and white either.

As I was saying, after about 20 games, almost all of them ending by me timing out, were dreadful. I died by people I didn't even see. I would COMPLETE a knife lunge and get knifed by someone a few feet behind me.

And.. there was no magical netcoding that made me a God, or really even helped me. Ping is ping.

Level 8

in reply to CSx121

CSx121 wrote:

Ping is ping.

Absolutely not true...

Ping is Pong.

See what Wiggy did there?

Level 75

in reply to splittinwigs

splittinwigs wrote:

CSx121 wrote:

Ping is ping.

Absolutely not true...

Ping is Pong.

See what Wiggy did there?

technically thats not true...

pong is a classic video game whereas ping is what happens when you do an impersonation of a submarine

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

technically thats not true...

pong is a classic video game whereas ping is what happens when you do an impersonation of a submarine

Now this is having a discussion with a man that is more educated than Wiggy...

Wiggy salutes you Sir...

Level 75

in reply to splittinwigs

Are you wiggy? If you are please stop refering to your self in the third person, you are not a professional wrestler.

Level 16

Studios