Corner Camper versus Run and Gunner

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Re: Corner Camper versus Run and Gunner

in reply to Ghamorra

I'm sure that the guy that I just killed thinks that I'm camping.  Fortunately, for me I'm not worried about it either way.  I think that we have similar playstyles.  Although you may not move around quite as much as I do but ultimately we are doing the same thing.  Part of being an effective rusher or camper is to change locations to keep the enemy guessing but we are both working our respective areas.  Oh no I let the cat out of the bag Good campers and good rushers aren't that much different.  But shhh don't tell anybody.  Zip ... gotta put my flame suit on for the die hard idealogs.  This thing is kinda stuffy.

Level 69

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

phxs72 wrote:

Second, you're spot on about how a successful rusher is one that controls where they engage the enemy.

You call that rushing, but I garauntee the person you killed twice was crying camper. The rushing in the video has a method to their madness. UAVs were up so he saw the enemy coming, instead of running full speed toward them he moved slowly with ready to shoot

Yeah thats why I turned myself into a walking UAV recon pro is easily the best perk for a rusher. Worse case scenario you lose the 1st gun fight but then you'll have someone lit up and from the direction of the arrow can get a pretty good feel for where his team is.

Level 21

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

I had a match a couple of nights ago on Bakarra and to be quite honest they other team was owning me the whole first half of the match while I was using an AR.  They were mostly using snipers and were just out gunning me.  So I decided to change it up and I pulled out my PM9 with Extreme Conditioning.  I got back in their camp area and went on an 8 or 9 killstreak and then continued to get the better of them the rest of the match by using cover and creating a mismatch between their guns and mine. When we got back to the lobby, one of them said that he was going to report me for cheating because he just couldn't understand how I could go from being so bad to owning them. LOL.  A good rusher will defeat most campers.

Yeah adaption is one of the best aspects of COD people get stuck in a rut style wise. If getting outgunned i'll pull them into my area, slow it down a bit and do a lot of the jack in the boxing off the ground.

However if they're sitting back then it's go loud time spam the camper areas flashbangs puts them on my map from there judge the best line of approach and then I light my self up just enough to draw them out then charge into them.

The only bad thing was I was a bit of a d#ck by letting the one guy die but I knew if I held off i'd stand a good chance putting them all down.

Level 21

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

My thing is this...  I'm getting just about tired of playing all of the Call of Duty games REALLY.  As you stated rushers shouldn't rush and campers shouldn't camp non of it works for me, not even taking it slow and easy.  Reason is due to the serious CHEATING in the game and a constant lag.  My internet speed is a dedicated fiber 35mbps over 35mbps so I can't really see why I lag 95% of the time.  I don't camp and never have because it's not playing the game it's more like killing time.  I'm more of a rusher with my controller sensitivity at 10.  I have my matches where I tone it down by not rushing if I notice the game lagging really bad.  When I tone it down and take it easy I would see a guy, I aim my gun and shoot before he starts shooting and the hit marker is there but he ends up killing me with only a couple shots from a freaking MP5.  I used to have good high stats and all have fallen way down due to this.  So at this point I no longer care about my stats due to the lag and constant CHEATING.  You pay $60 bulks for this game and you never have a fair fight.  I do manage to atleast still get about 10 to 13 kills each game where I used to get 20 to 30 kills every other game or so.  There are some that have a lower Internet speed than what I have and yet can get 30 to 40 kills every freaking game.  Now I'm not saying I'm the best or was the best or even trying to be the best but come on.  Even when I snipe with the MSR and shot a guy in the chest or head I end up having to shoot again and then there is a delay in giving me the point.  I love the way Battle Field 3 offers dedicated servers and you can even rent your own server and host.  I do like COD because of the graphics and most of my friends play but I've become extremely upset with the CHEATING and LAGS.

Level 1

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

All well thought out points and I agree with everyone's take so far. I'm glad to see that people do treat this game with mind vs mind logic. Just like chess.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Hostly that's what the game is, a more violent form of chess

Level 75

Studios