Did I hear it wrong or...I thought they mentioned something about rewarding players who played the past CoDs?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Did I hear it wrong or...I thought they mentioned something about rewarding players who played the past CoDs?

I could be wrong, but I swore I heard this when they were on stage. If they did say this, has anything been said as to how?
Level 23
24 REPLIES

in reply to sdrol117

I don't remember anything said about that.

Level 19

Re: Did I hear it wrong or...I thought they mentioned something about rewarding players who played the past CoDs?

in reply to sdrol117

I've heard about it.

If you go back to MW3 Briefings on YouTube, it was either Robert Bowling, Michael Condrey or Eric Hirshberg who mentioned it during the briefing.

They didn't go into much detail about it though.

EA do the same with the NFS franchise. If you have played previous NFS games, you are entitled to certain bonuses in-game when you buy their latest NFS game.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

So I'm not crazy then, I am surprised nobody ever wonders about it on here. I wonder if it will be just titles or something more extensive, and how they will judge if you "played" them. If it goes by levels or just having played online once at least.

Level 23

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

I've heard about it.

If you go back to MW3 Briefings on YouTube, it was either Robert Bowling, Michael Condrey or Eric Hirshberg.

They didn't go into much detail about it though.

EA do the same with the NFS franchise. If you have played previous NFS games, you are entitled to certain bonuses in-game when you buy their latest NFS game.

I can honestly say I would laugh my buttocks off if it was a reward to previous MW players...

... who were max prestige.

Evil smiley 3

The number of players scrambling to reach Gold Cross or that butt ugly Skull thing would be hi-larious.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I haven't maxed out any CoD game ever.

Level 23

Re: Did I hear it wrong or...I thought they mentioned something about rewarding players who played the past CoDs?

in reply to sdrol117

Neither have I. The only closest game I've prestiged to the max is Black Ops. I just don't have that time to prestige all the way these days. Even in MW3, I don't plan to prestige or if I do, it will be up to the point to where you get all custom class slots.

@ Ran

Haha, I wouldn't expect IW to place these conditions on players who prestige to the max due to the majority most likely prestige hacking in COD4, WAW and MW2.

But if they did...."where's that "sigh" emotion. I miss it from the Black Ops forums.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

But if they did...."where's that "sigh" emotion. I miss it from the Black Ops forums.

Here's a cool emoticon site... you can just drag and drop into posts with Google Chrome.

Cool smiley 1

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to sdrol117

&index=2 at exactly 1 minute:

"Will MW3 recognize a players earlier stats from previous Modern Warfare games and will it reward the player for that"

"Can't Say"

That's the only thing I've heard about it.

Level 15

in reply to ashiddygamer

Watch around 7:55.

Michael Condrey mentions that there is an in-game loyalty rewards system for every COD going back to COD4 including WAW, MW2 and Black Ops.

Level 51

Studios