Drop Zone complaints.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Drop Zone complaints.

From what I have gathered from what a read the reason most hate drop zone being removed was because it was a fast way to gain exp in the game. In other words it was a boosting game mode just like BO's noobtown 24/7 was. If the only reason you are mad is because it was a fast way to gain exp and level, then I am more then happy they removed it. I thought noobtown 24/7 was a mistake when it was used too.

For those of you that complain that it was the only mode you can play your a fool for even trying to play that card. There are more than enough game modes and playlists you could play on. If you chose or refuse to not do so, that is your fault and not the developers ever. For those that act like they ahve no life now that it is gone... seriously?! If you have no life now that a single game mode is gone from the public list when it still can be played in private matches... you had no life to begin with and you really need your head checked.

Stop acting like it was a gift from heaven, and that it was the best game mode ever in the game series. If you think it was, then you have little to no undersanding about the game at all...

And the real reason behind the complaints is because now since its not a public mode, if anyone plays it they can not gain exp while doing so. Which means your just a bunch of whiners that complain because you can not level up while playing it anymore.

Level 70
46 REPLIES

Re: Drop Zone complaints.

in reply to trialstardragon

i do have to say that i didnt care for DZ.

but anytime i was on playing with my friends, all they wanted to play was DZ and i pretty much just went with it. DZ is basically just HQ on steroids. and i just got tired of constantly getting flashed and people using the striker so much not to mention not even going for the objective but just farming kills.

this gets rid of all those idiots who just used that mode to farm kills and abuse the game mechanic like they do in DOM and HQ. we already have 2 modes like that, we dont need another one.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

Agreed, DZ was nothing but another kill farm game mode. Even worse then Team D can be at times or Dom or HQ or the last 3 minutes of CTF when one has capped the flag twice and has the enemy flag again...

Level 70

About fast xp in Drop Zone. How exactly do you earn fast xp in Drop Zone? People do know that you don't get the +20, right? You only get xp for your kills, not for playing the objective. The objective rewards you with cool poinstreak rewards which reward you with kills.

Level 14

in reply to poklane

how does that make sense? what if you are not the one who capped the drop zone? you dont get anything towards your pointstreak if you are not the one who capped it. the one who caps it is the one who earns all the CP that drop. and you dont have point streaks in DZ, only what comes from the CP that drops.

Level 37

in reply to poklane

And those kills add to exp, and a larger end of game exp bonus for the winining team. Which equates to faster exp if you controlled the zone long enough. Plus if one team constantly dominates the zone the games end fairly quick, which meas another match quick, which means gaining more exp per hour played then other game modes that may take longer. Same as why so many liked noobtown 24/7 because of the faster games which meant more games per hour, thus more exp per hour.

Level 70

in reply to poklane

That's not true. Check out Whydushootme on youtube. He has a game of Drop zone where he gets 0 kills in drop zone and still finishes first. You get +20 for each 'x' amount of seconds that you're in the drop zone... I don't even play the game mode and I know that. So either you play the mode and have no idea what you're doing in it, or you don't play the game mode and have no idea what you're talking about...

Level 10

in reply to MUPHinATHONG

That is just the game score, nothing to do with xp . . . When the game mode first came out the game score represented the xp you received but when i have played the game mode recently my game score did not match up with my xp! My match xp was a very small fraction of my game score.

Level 6

I just don't see why they couldn't keep it up too. Keep it fair. Let those who love it, keep playing it. Those who don't like it don't have to play it. Everyone would be happy.

Level 2

in reply to Jessssica

why not just go and play HQ? its basically the EXACT same thing. the only difference is that instead of getting CP you get XP.

Level 37

Studios