EMPs need a nerf

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

EMPs need a nerf

I don't care if they destroy a lower kill streak like a Pred or Attack Helicopter.  But when someone is working hard on Assault and gets a big killstreak like an Osprey, an 11-34 player should not be able to take down my killstreak with an EMP.  I've worked for it, they have died for theirs.  EMPs need to be worked on.

Level 11
55 REPLIES

Re: EMPs need a nerf

in reply to fatedtitan

11-34? the EMP is an 18 kill support streak. are they capping points, shooting down UAV's too? that is completely fair if so.

my only issue with the EMP is the duration. I think 60 seconds is too long. 30-45 seconds is sufficient. i also think each team should be limited to ONE EMP per round. we had a team blast THREE EMP's in a row last night and while I roll assassin pro, it is pretty stupid to play for 3 full minutes without being able to call in any killstreaks.

Level 12

in reply to mjw3786

nerf everything

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to Dougernaut1

Dougernaut wrote:

nerf everything

especially the FMG9's and striker

Level 12

in reply to Dougernaut1

Dougernaut wrote:

nerf everything

Its getting to that point.

What they really mean is they want everyone with single shot

pistols, no way to hid, standing in the middle of the map,

and only able to walk.

all the while they run around with weapon of choice being l33t.

Level 13

in reply to W7PSK

W7PSK wrote:

Dougernaut wrote:

nerf everything

Its getting to that point.

What they really mean is they want everyone with single shot

pistols, no way to hid, standing in the middle of the map,

and only able to walk.

all the while they run around with weapon of choice being l33t.

Remove all weapons... line up both teams opposite each other at 10 paces...

...people can then hurl insults at each other.

Sadly... people will still complain about mics being OP because only 1/2 of their team will have them.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Red rover?

Level 9

in reply to mjw3786

EMP duration is my only complaint.  1 minute is too long when a game can be as short as 5 minutes.

Level 3

in reply to fatedtitan

30-45 seconds is just the right amount of time. "They nerf it, oh my gawd EMPs need to be nerfed 30 seconds is too much maybe 15 seconds." Hey instead of bitching about it in the forum, why don't you run emp and emp them before they can emp you? If you can't beat them join them. Not saying join their game do what they do. If they camp, you camp harder. If they spray shotguns, you spray harder. Get better than them and make them rage on the forum, don't be the bitch.

About the osprey gunner thing, maybe they should make it that the osprey needs to be emp'd and shot with like 2 stingers because that is the highest killstreak you can get I hate getting Pavelows and they get shot down like its a recon drone. Its not the end of the world for me though because I know I get another one. Maybe make it so it weakens the high killsteaks by 1 or 2 stinger shots. Don't change the time though.

Level 2

i'm for that but if it stays 60 seconds getting blasted by 3 EMP's isn't realistic.

when a MOAB is dropped it EMPs BOTH TEAMS as it should. following this, the first EMP should destroy any other earned EMPs. talk about making people rage.

Level 12

Studios