EMPs need a nerf

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: EMPs need a nerf

Hey instead of b***ing about it in the forum, why don't you run emp and emp them before they can emp you? If you can't beat them join them.

Exactly, I've given up worrying about what gun is op this and that and being annoyed with it. (Not that I should have been that way in the first place.) If something is being heavily used just roll that and use it against them.

The only thing that grinds my gears is when they brag about it in a lobby about how "l337" they were using those weapons even though they lost, didn't play the objective and and went 34-10. Usually calling them out in the lobby to change thier weapon up fixes it because they either leave the lobby pre-game, rage quit during, or when my team mops the floor with them again and he's only 16-45...

Message was edited by: randomly_afk

Level 4

If you can't beat em, join em!!! I've learned to live by that phrase playing this game. I used to get so mad playing against akimbo fmg9s, type 95 rapid fire, assassin pro,etc. But I would try to beat them with my loadout and if i see little results i just switch.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to fatedtitan

You realise an emp isn't a physical thing that just gets destroyed. Its an Electromagnetic Pulse that screws up electronics in an area because it screws up the electromagnetic field in that area. It isn't a bomb that usually have timers or a helicopter that flies around with a battery or an AC-130 that has many things in it that are electronic. That's it.

When multiple emps are shot say in 30 second intervals the first one will end in a minute but the second one will still have 30 more seconds till it goes away and the third will still have 30 seconds when the second one ends.

Level 2

SLiK wrote:

You realise an emp isn't a physical thing that just gets destroyed. Its an Electromagnetic Pulse that screws up electronics in an area because it screws up the electromagnetic field in that area. It isn't a bomb that usually have timers or a helicopter that flies around with a battery or an AC-130 that has many things in it that are electronic. That's it.

When multiple emps are shot say in 30 second intervals the first one will end in a minute but the second one will still have 30 more seconds till it goes away and the third will still have 30 seconds when the second one ends.

I'm familiar with an EMP, thanks. Point being, the first pulse would brown out any electronics in range INCLUDING the detonation electronics for any subsequent EMP's.

Yes it's just a game and they are doing this all to balance it out. I'm just saying with the MOAB it seems they got it mostly right. Why not with this?

Level 12

in reply to fatedtitan

Yep.  The EMP setup in MW3 is another HUGE oversight by Infinity Ward.  The EMP needs a nerf, and unfortunately, we'll never get the nerf that it actually needs.   The EMP needs to be moved to the Assualt Strike Chain.  I highly doubt that will happen, but that's what the game needs.

Another way to nerf the EMP, would be to allow killstreaks to be called in if you're wearing Assassin Pro during the EMP duration.  I honestly hate Assassin, and rarely use it, but its supposed to be immune to EMPs when at Pro level.  So make it actually immune!  As horrible as it sounds, I would actually endorse buffing Assassin if the purpose of the buff is to nerf the EMP.

Level 2

in reply to fatedtitan

EMP should even out the field by affecting both teams instead of the enemy team.

Level 3

in reply to fatedtitan

EMP shouldn't be nerfed at all.  It should simply be moved to the Assault section.  That way, if someone calls one in, you know it's just.

Level 13

in reply to fatedtitan

Here we go again.......

Level 15

in reply to IEliteWalker

Nerf guns were actually really cool, it's a shame the COD community has brought such a bad definition to the word.

Level 13

in reply to fatedtitan

While I agree with most people here that the duration is a bit long, I think the root of the problem is that the EMP is in the support class to begin with, as well as the stealth bomber. I can probably even make a case for the support juggernaut. Don't forget stealthbombers and EMPS used to be assault killstreaks that were quite hard to attain, 8, 12 kills if I remember correctly. If anything I'm more sick of seeing 10 stealth bombers in 1 match. But I'm biased since I use asasin pro. Juggernaut in domination is also quite annoying. They can basically cap anything with ease.

Level 8

Studios