Elite account and YouTube account won't link up.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Elite account and YouTube account won't link up.

I've seen a few other people with this problem, and so far, I haven't seen anybody say anything about this issue getting resolved. I created my Elite account yesterday, and created a YouTube account as a part of the process for the Elite account. When I try to link it, it opens up the page to allow Call of Duty access to my YouTube account. After I choose accept, it takes me back to the Elite page, but something along the lines of "youtube_error=140" is added into the URL. When I scroll back down to the Vault, it shows that I have to create a channel, so when I click the link to create a channel, it taked me to YouTube, which immediately informs me there is already a username and channel for that account.

I've taken all the steps given in the recommended "help" for this problem to no avail. I have unlinked and relinked from both ends, revoked access and given it back, I have cleared my cache and cookies and attempted the process on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and still no luck.

Has anybody found a way to overcome this issue? Or do I need to just keep complaining to Activision until they clear this up for me?

Level 1
22 REPLIES

Re: Elite account and YouTube account won't link up.

in reply to DavidStedDOOM

Linking them up has never worked for me and reported it and just got copy/paste replies so don't hold your breath for them to resolve it. It still says I need to link up my accounts but on YT it says COD has permission but never worked, just another example of the broken product COD has become.

I reported it to Activision and once you give up with them trying to make out it's your fault they mark it as 'Resolved', which on paper for them looks good but in reality is wrong.

Level 1

in reply to tgsgho5t

tgsgho5t wrote:

I reported it to Activision and once you give up with them trying to make out it's your fault they mark it as 'Resolved', which on paper for them looks good but in reality is wrong.

That happened to me too, it's very frustrating.  I submitted a problem, Activision couldn't figure it out so they set the ticket to resolved.

Level 8

I have never gotten this to work, I am having the same problem as you.  I put in a support request and the analyst closed the case with no resolution.  There wasnt even an explanation of why it wasnt working, rediculous.

Level 1
Highlighted

I have never gotten this to work, I am having the same problem as you.  I put in a support request and the analyst closed the case with no resolution.  There wasnt even an explanation of why it wasnt working, rediculous.

Level 1

I've got the exact same problem.Any ideas anyone?

Level 1

I have the same problem! I've complained several time to support but no luck on this issue. I actually talked to them today. No updates.

Level 1

Yep same issue. I have some awesome games I wan't to upload but I can't. This has been very irritating.

Level 1

Yep same issue. I have some awesome games I wan't to upload but I can't. This has been very irritating. This entire site is buggy, for example. Typing this post gives me an error and won't post it. This is the 4th attempt. Hopefully this one goes through.

Level 1

Yep same issue. I have some awesome games I wan't to upload but I can't. This has been very irritating. This entire site is buggy, for example. Typing this post gives me an error and won't post it. This is the 4th attempt. Hopefully this one goes through.

Level 1

Studios