Ever notice when you're doing well with a certain weapon....

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Ever notice when you're doing well with a certain weapon....

that people start copying your set up?

Started using the Spas-12 for the first time since last November/December when I first hit max proficiency with it.  I was terrible with it back then because I hadn't learned that you need to hip fire the pump-actions with Steady Aim.  Anyhow, I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I decided to put the silencer on the Spas-12 and play a bit of a sneaky-shotty game.  It actually turned out to be really effective - the silencer didn't seem to do any harm to my one-shot capabilities or to the effective range either.  After a couple of games of doing surprisingly well, next thing I know there are about 5 silent spas shotguns in the room.  They must have thought the gun had been buffed or something

So has anyone else ever had that effect on the lobby when using a set up that is rarely seen?

Level 29
13 REPLIES

Re: Ever notice when you're doing well with a certain weapon....

in reply to WKMMS

I would hardly call it rarely seen, but it seems that if I bust out an LMG and use it for a couple rounds, someone else will do it as well.

Ever notice how if you snipe, invariably someone on the other team will get on their sniper class to try and get you?

Level 5

in reply to Risk26

I've never had anyone take out a sniper rifle because I was using one, but I've made a fair amount of other snipers put away their sniper and pull out a reg-gun because they can't seem to out-snipe me.

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

This usually happens to me A LOT when I use the M16 lol

Level 2

in reply to WKMMS

It's strange to me though because the last thing I would do if someone kills me with a gun is use the same thing they are. I think it's a competitive attitude of "one upsmanship." They have to prove that they are better than you are with a certain gun. I personally just like doing the challenges and use which ever gun I want.

I've even heard  people, "Oh he's using this gun, I'll show him how to use it." It's really, really bad with shotguns and snipers. I remember a few weeks ago I was leveling up my snipers and everytime I'd kill this one guy he would have to switch to his sniper and kill me, despite absolutely destroying us using an ACR and me doing very average with the sniper.

I first noticed it when playing Black Ops last year, if I was doing even somewhat decent with a gun people would start using it. The other day I was using the AA-12 and people on the other team started making AA-12 classes. Doesn't matter how terrible the gun people either have that "I want to show you that I'm better with that" or "Oh that gun must be really good, I should use it too."

Level 4

in reply to creepingxdeth90

If I start badly with any gun then I refuse to put it away and the entire match becomes all about finishing positive again.

Level 29

in reply to creepingxdeth90

Ain't gonna lie, I'm like that.  Kill me with a PM9, my attitude is "I'll show you how to use that son", and I will pull it out.  Many times I will own them in those situations, I am very experienced with almost all the guns and have a good KD....

BUT sometimes they will own me, bc my revenge is making me play on tilt, or like you said I was destroying them with my P90, now I'm pulling out an MSR and getting into a sniping match with 1 guy.  I may win but I'm hurting the team as I was killing much faster with the P90.

Bad habit i need to break.

Level 15

in reply to supervelous

If I'm doing badly I always try to look at my tactics rather than my choice of weapon. Sometimes though you can be off on a nice little streak then have one death and end up with some very unfortunate spawns and next thing you know you're barely breaking even.  I try not to lose my cool in those situations because if I'm using one of the less capable weapons in the game then I really can't afford to be running around half cocked. 

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

I shot a guy using steady aim pro and a silenced spas from a foot away...he turned laughed at me and killed me.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

lol.. didn't you know? When you use the SPAZ, KSG or 1887 you have to pull out your secondary, shoot them 3 times, direct impact them twice with concussion grenades AND THEN you still might get a hit marker with your shotgun

Level 4

Studios