FAD is the new FAMAS

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

FAD is the new FAMAS

I used a token many prestige's ago to unlock this gun but when I reached 1000 kills I put it down. BUT since the last patch, this gun is incredible. Add a silencer and pretty much ANY attachment and you are in business. Anyone else pick this gun up recently since the last patch and notice this? I played with it until gold to make sure it wasn't just a good lag spurt for me and it simply just rocks. Burst fire is recommended for medium to long range but up close, it's freakin' death ray full auto. Finally, a strong contender for the ACR and the MP7.

Thoughts??

Keep it classy folks. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO NERF IT AGAIN!

Level 48
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FAD is the new FAMAS

in reply to ValleyYeti
Solution
‎07-08-2012 01:57 PM

Oh yeah, FAD tends to get alot of headshots due to its low damage, but a high Headshot Multiplier (x1.7), allowing it to get very quick kills if at least one of the shots was a headshot.

Level 6
26 REPLIES

in reply to ZvErS

It's definitely a lot better than it used to be.  They fixed the recoil where it used to drift off to the right and up when pinning the trigger some time ago and they upped the damage a little which makes it more useable in CQC.  It now at least contends with the other AR's but I don't know if I'd call it the new FAMAS.  That gun was only equalled by the Commando in my opinion.  But the FAD is definitely more fun to use now than it has ever been.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I think with the larger clip size (non-extended) and the higher rate of fire, it compete's with the ACR without a problem. The iron sights are like 'training wheels' so you don't really even need optics. The commando's ROF is way less than the FAD, though. That's why I compared it to the FAMAS. It's just a 'buzz saw' now.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

True the FAMAS is a better stat comparison but the Commando made up for it's low firerate with it's high damage.  I found that it killed pretty much in the same time as the FAMAS so long as you were accurate with it.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Very true. It's all relative to the player. I'm just glad that this gun isn't as useless as it used to be.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Me too

Level 69

in reply to ZvErS

I'm really surprised that people only think this gun is good since the buff... I've had mine gold since long before the hotfix was released and I have to say I just absolutely loved it as it was. It always felt to me like a laser beam and a headshot machine and with extended mags you could just fire it for days.  I'm really intrigued to see what difference has been made to it now!

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Supposedly they upped the damage with this latest patch but to me it seemed like they did that weeks ago.  Maybe I just got better with it but it seems more powerful than it was when I first started using it several months ago.  And as always it looks great in gold

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

and it makes the coolest sound of any gun in the game too

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

I'm kinda partial to the unsilenced G36C.  It's got a manly bass to it.

Level 69

Studios