FoV changer - Is it alowed?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

FoV changer - Is it alowed?

I have health problems (headache etc...) because I cant change fov in game... It's balanced for consoles and we (pc players) are left to play in pain. I'm sure that many people have the same problem as me... Question is, can we use software like "MW3 MP FoV Changer" to set fov that suits us? Can we get banned for using that software? It doesnt give any unfair advantage to the users so I hope we can use it... Thanks for answers in advance.

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

in reply to shone1
Solution
‎31-05-2012 05:33 PM

I'd like to once and for all give Infinity Ward's stance on this subject.

We do not mind if a PC user has the FOV changer mod.

We also do not ban anyone that is using the FOV mod.

EDIT: Just had confirmation that Valve also does not issue bans for FOV changer.

31 REPLIES

in reply to shone1

I Use it for a month and i have no problems with it, it only gets patched, nobody gets banned. It's allowed software.

Level 3

in reply to shone1

I've been using it since 2 months kind of and haven't had a problem. I think there's no problem...

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to shone1

ok I don't get it. Normally the widest FOV you can get is a 16x9 ratio, like 1280x720 or 1360x768 (not truely but close) or 1600x900 or 1920x1080. Anything else will give you less peripheral vision, meaning you won't see as much on the sides. Are you saying that this software will give you even more peripheral vision than you can get with a 16x9 screen ratio?

The demo looks like it's just adding a fish eye look to a standard screen resolution.

BTW I run in a 1280x720 window with the monitor really close. I just find everything to be smoother that way.

Level 10

in reply to cheaterssuk

I found it to be less annoying and i am more aware of my surroundings.

Level 1

in reply to shone1

Thanks for quick answers

Level 1

in reply to shone1
Solution
‎31-05-2012 05:33 PM

I'd like to once and for all give Infinity Ward's stance on this subject.

We do not mind if a PC user has the FOV changer mod.

We also do not ban anyone that is using the FOV mod.

EDIT: Just had confirmation that Valve also does not issue bans for FOV changer.

in reply to candyslexia

IW doesn't mind if you do anything you want to do in the game, including hacking or anything else. That is painfully clear...

Level 10

in reply to cheaterssuk

Yeah they don't mind you using cheat's or the FOV changer because they know IF vac was to actually detect and ban you for using either a cheat or the FOV, changer then you will simply buy the game again with the DLC again and then that gives them more money.

Sorry but IW will say anything to try and get you to spend money on the game knowing full well that people will believe what crap they spout out of there ass.

We were supposed to be able to report cheater's and IW were supposed to look and ban them, but that soon stopped.

IW admitted that the pc gamers were being treated differently to the console players, and what have they done about it? I will tell you now what they have done, release a pointless patch and that is it.

The thing's they should be doing have been listed on this forum many times over and I am not going to list them again, but IW won't do it because they know it will make them look stupid well more than they currently look when they have to admit that, the people who actually play the game are right and the developers are wrong, who don't actually play the game.

The Close Quater's DLC get's released for Battlefield 3 this month, and Medal Of Honor is only 5 month's away and let's not forget that Black Op's 2 is out in 6 month's time, which up to now is looking like it's going to be a proper PC COD game unlike this crap.

Level 25

in reply to wierd worlds are these

wierd worlds are these wrote:

Yeah they don't mind you using cheat's or the FOV changer because they know IF vac was to actually detect and ban you for using either a cheat or the FOV, changer then you will simply buy the game again with the DLC again and then that gives them more money.

Sorry but IW will say anything to try and get you to spend money on the game knowing full well that people will believe what crap they spout out of there ass.

We were supposed to be able to report cheater's and IW were supposed to look and ban them, but that soon stopped.

IW admitted that the pc gamers were being treated differently to the console players, and what have they done about it? I will tell you now what they have done, release a pointless patch and that is it.

The thing's they should be doing have been listed on this forum many times over and I am not going to list them again, but IW won't do it because they know it will make them look stupid well more than they currently look when they have to admit that, the people who actually play the game are right and the developers are wrong, who don't actually play the game.

The Close Quater's DLC get's released for Battlefield 3 this month, and Medal Of Honor is only 5 month's away and let's not forget that Black Op's 2 is out in 6 month's time, which up to now is looking like it's going to be a proper PC COD game unlike this crap.

Totally agree

Level 5

Studios