For people who don't know any better. Helpful hints for detecting hackers.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

For people who don't know any better. Helpful hints for detecting hackers.

First off, I bought MW3 for the wii the first night it was released. I have more hours playing that game probably than anyone. What Im about to say is just helpful advice to play MW3 without being cheated on. This is probably going to be a long post but its totally up to you if you want to read it. By the way, Im not some little kid just talking, Im actually over 40 years old. Yes Im old, but I grew up playing video games like the rest of us and even though I got older, I still love playing the video games. Anyway, let me get down to business.

I was in a clan once til the owner ended it. When I first started playing Black ops, I camped. Then MW3 came out and I still camped. I became good at camping, hiding, and sneaking around. My clan-mates didnt like me doing that but that was all I knew at the time. I was scared to run and gun because I didnt wont to die anymore than I had too. So, with that said, believe it or not, my kill/death ratio got up to 2.58 on MW3. That was on the lobby leader board, not the barricks. It was (3 something) on the barricks. Then one day I said, Im going to start running and gunning. My kill/death ratio went up to 2.65. Between people hacking, new patches and fixes I couldnt hold on to it. Long story short, I ended up starting all over and doing nothing but running and gunning and in todays MW3 its very hard to maintain or to even get to a 2.00 kill/death ratio. With that being said, MAJORITY of the people playing MW3 with a kill/death ratio of 2.00 and over are extremely good canidates of possible hacking/cheating. Any kill/death ratio near 3.00 and over are 100% hackers/cheating. You cannot run and gun and maintain and kill/death ratio that high. So my rules for me are, not to play with people 2.00 and over. Your`re asking for trouble if you do. Dont take me wrong. Some people can get near 2.00 or a 2.00 ratio without cheating but they are few and far in-between.

Something I have notice, MOST hackers/cheaters dont have but 2 yellow bars (connection bars) beside their name. I have 4 green bars most of the time because I have good internet. This is something else to keep an I on. If you see someone dominating and they only have 2 yellow bars, you best leave. How can you dominate with hardly any connection? Leave the game.

As we all know, MW3 isnt a perfect game. You have bullets that can curve around corners and kill you. You have a cheat put in the game which the people who developed the game made it a legal cheat as I call it. Its called DEATHSTREAK. They say its when you need a little extra help. I say you need a little extra practice instead. Deathstreaks will help you get a kill but how does it help you in any other way? You are still the same old player that has trouble playing the game. Deathstreaks are illegal and shouldnt been put in the game but like I said. They made it a legal cheat. Another thing, this game wont allow you to be good. Something stupid will happen if you are dominating too much it seems. You will get killed in a stupid way that should of never happen. I`ve noticed that too. I`ve been 19-0 recently and got killed and shouldnt have and then got killed 2 more times right after that. I told someone watching me play, I went 19-0 and all of a sudden I get killed 3 straight times!!!!!!! No way!!!!!! Anyway, servers cause people to be good one game and suck the next, internet does the same thing and then the game itself is an issue at times.

If you enter a game thats already started, look at the score before you start. If the score is one sided then its a chance someone is cheating. Then look at the people and see who is dominating. Determine whether they are cheating or the one team is jujst dominating or the other team sucks. Theres no need to be on a losing team because you will get beat down and over ran because your teammates cannot keep the enemy ata distance and they will over run you and your team. So, keep an eye on the score when entering a game thats already started.

As I said at the beginning of this post. I`ve been playing a long time and a lot of hours so I know what Im talking about. Another way to spot a cheater, is how many kills he has or is getting. Its extremely hard to get 40+ kills in a game.I`ve only broke 40+ kills a few times since the game came out. An average number of good kills a game is between 20-30. If you get over 30, you done real good, over 40, that extraordinary. MAJORITY of the time if someone breaks 40+ kills, they are hacking/cheating. Every MOAB I have ever gotten, I never broke 40+ kills in that game. So getting 40+ kills in a game is just odd but like I said, I`ve done it a few times but its extremely hard to do. So keep an eye out for that.

Something that stands out to me and it concerns me is people with mics that cant stop talking or singing, loud colorful names, and when they do the name hack with ([gas+]) to make signs in their name. This tells me right then that this person has been looking on the internet on how to hack, possible hack or doing something to stand out, or to be seen or heard. These people are looking for attention. They are saying, HEY, LOOK AT ME, IM MAKING YOU LOOK AT ME BECAUSE I KEEP SINGING AND TALKING ON THE MIC AND MY NAME IS LOUD AND COLORFUL SO YOU CAN SEE ME. What Im saying is, these people have been on the internet looking at something dealing with hack so its a possibility that they might be hacking or at least looked at how to do it. So keep an eye out fro these people as well. They might be alittle shady.

Hacking has gotten so bad that its 1 out of every 10 players are hacking/cheating. If you get in a game and it appears no one is hacking/cheating then I would keep playing with them as long as you can.

My saying is, everytime I see someone hacking/cheating, they cant play....lol...Simple as that. These people cant play MW3 and be competitive so they turn to cheating to be dominant, too compete and to win. If a guy was good at MW3 like myself, why would they cheat? They have no reason to cheat if most of their games were good. So, that tells me only people that cant play MW3 cheat. I dont know why they just dont practice more and try things instead of cheating. Become good by practicing, be good, play smart. Its sad but funny when someone cheats and still gets killed alot....lol...That really tells me he cant play at all. These hackers/cheaters take the easy way out in MW3. As the old saying goes. You have to weed these players out. Get rid of these players from the game you are in by leaving til you find a good group of people to play with. There are always going to be cheaters and hackers as long as they put an SD-CARD in these games. If you cheat, you lie and you will steal. The world is full of people like that. Just feel sorry for hackers because they cant play the game and let them have their fun and you have to be the responsible person and move on to the next game where people play fair.

Do I think the developers of these on-line games can stop hacking? Sure, but they arent dedicated to doing that. The wii is the low-income mans gaming console and thats how it is looked at. X-BOX and PLAYSTATION cost more and thats was ruling. I`ll take my wireless motion controls over graphics anyday.

When playing in these games, take notice how quick someone kills you. Sometimes  this is an internet thing and sometimes people have over-powered bullets. I was in a game yesterday and only 1 guy that I had trouble killing. He killed me everytime I saw him. Cheating or internet? Dont know. I have played games before where I could do the same thing so it can be the internet sometimes but not all the time. You be the judge. Most of the time if I get killed and it looks like he knew where I was or I got killed through a wall or something stupid, I leave the game.

Thats all for now. Peace.........

Things to look out for:

1. High team scores, individual scores.

2. Name hacks. Loud colorful names and mic.

3. High kill/death ratio.

4. If you think someone is cheating, look at the connection bars. Most, not all, hackers will have 2 yellow bars.

Level 6
174 REPLIES

Re: For people who don't know any better. Helpful hints for detecting hackers.

in reply to tlaspepper

wow i respect you and other thing the colorfull names is a normal thing now and hacking yes is getting control of online so i myself will quit mw3 wii(at least for a while)

Level 6

in reply to tlaspepper

tlaspepper wrote:

Any kill/death ratio near 3.00 and over are 100% hackers/cheating. You cannot run and gun and maintain and kill/death ratio that high. So my rules for me are, not to play with people 2.00 and over. Your`re asking for trouble if you do. Dont take me wrong. Some people can get near 2.00 or a 2.00 ratio without cheating but they are few and far in-between.

EVERYONE THAT DOES BETTER THEN ME OR HAS BETTER STATS THEN ME IS HACKING.

Speak for yourself buddy. I'm so sick of people like you that are bad at the game and try to put other people down and accuse them of "hacking". I've seen maybe 1 hacker in the past week and all he was doing was flying around the map like a gypsy not killing anyone.

You should try practicing before crying wolf just because you can't accept the fact that you were beat in a video game. Maybe less people will seem like they're "hacking" to you. It seems like I run into more people crying about hacking then people actually hacking.

I just got in a fight last night with some scumbag on Black Ops who accused me of hacking because I had 30k spyplanes (used hardline exclusively for my first 14 stieges). I swear the COD Wii Community is so pathetic these days. I wish they would make a rule against crying about stuff in game/the forums. The game would be so much more fun...

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

^This...

To OP, KDR means absolutely nothing, it's a pointless stat. If you want to go by it, there are many people who can run a 3.0+ without cheating (a good amount of my allies can do this no problem) by running around. Nintendon't is completely right about everything, there are tons more people running around screaming "hacks" because they were beat fair and square, but they can't admit to it, than people actually hacking.

The time period you bought the game means absolutely nothing as well; many people bought it on day one.

Sincerely,
Somone who runs around with a "hacking KDR" by your standards.

Level 9

in reply to Kazekiri87

Haha, exactly.  The Ai clan has several legitimate people with kds over 2.5 btw... are they not legitimate?  If the person prefires around a corner, drops you in about 1 bullet, or calls in killstreaks they obviously didn't earn then they probably hack.  Hackers also seem to LOVE the fmg akimbos too.  The only thing I agree on is the name thing, everything else you said doesn't apply to all hackers.   I play with 2 kd players all the time, not like they are that rare.

Level 6

in reply to Kazekiri87

I can see why he said that.  I've only seen like 3 or 4 players with a KDR above 2 who weren't using infinite UAV and rebox.  Most of them also used predator missles which is a dead giveaway.  That's only my personal experience though.  It's only natural that we all run into different players.  I also haven't read the OP yet.  It's 2:00am.  I'll read it later.  Hackers are what have pushed me back to Black Ops the past two weeks.  Thankfully i've only run into a few hackers on that game lately.

Level 33

in reply to nintendon_t

Sounds like you dont have MW3, but you talk like a hacker. Good job.

Level 6

in reply to nintendon_t

I'd say you're a lucky bastard.  I spend more time looking for matches without hackers than I do playing matches without hackers.  Seriously. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Thats what Im saying....Its full of hackers...Im glad someone sees this besides me. I dont know where some of these guys are playing that dont see many hackers.

Level 6

in reply to tlaspepper

I don't either.  Honestly when someone tries to defend the hacking epidemic I think they are just trolling.   There is no denying that this game is hacked all to crap.  They are also easy to spot.  It's obvious when someone is using redbox and infinite UAV.  Then of course you have the even more obvious.  The teleport hack and the hack where everyone floats above the map and falls to their death.  And predator missles.  I see at least one of those every single time I play this game.  They can't be hacking though.  They must just be better than me.  Guess I haven't leveled up enough to make people teleport in front of my gun.

Sure you have your average joe blow idiots who accuse people of hacking (I get accused all the time), but they just don't know how the games works.  Some guy was baffled that I could find him because he had Blind Eye.  I had to get on the mic and explain to him why that is useless in hiding from me or anyone else.

Level 33

Studios