For people who don't know any better. Helpful hints for detecting hackers.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: For people who don't know any better. Helpful hints for detecting hackers.

in reply to tlaspepper

OMG i have just been on you tube and seen how the hacks work. u know sad as it is true i used to beat all the Official Nintendo magazine high scores on a few games i really liked FZero etc. When i started playing online in general i thought maybe im not as good as i thought. seems majority of people hack yet i still come top of the leaderboard.  pro nintendo since 1989.

shame recently i been doing even better 2.0 - 3.0 k/d ratio scores and the bloody lleaderboard is not updating :/  any non hackers that are actually good at this add me, maybe even make a clan: miyagii kid =

Level 1

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

...And it's not just infinite UAV and redbox we're talking about.  I see the teleport hack all the time.  The deal where we all float above the map and fall to our deaths.  Predator missles have toned down some.  They got replaced with the two I just mentioned.  I also see a lot of players spamming infinite grenades.  Even godmode has made a comeback.  Or at least I guess that's what it's called when players just don't die. I think the most annoying is when a sniper is shooting me through everything on the map from his spawn right when a match starts.

I can vouch that I also see all the hacking behavior that like2nap03 is seeing at about the same frequency.  Not sure where others are playing.  Maybe because of their locations they are ending up on different hosts with different folks in different lobbies or something, but here on the East Coast of the USA I'm seeing exactly what like2nap03 describes about exactly.

Level 1

in reply to nintendon_t

cant say i played against any blatent hacker players in mw3, but defo in blops. one hacker i played with being able to run around so fast, knowing where everyone is getting there kills in everytime on gun fights, there death not going past much further than 5 or 6. its fun to play against em tho when u kill em quite satisfying

Level 1

in reply to tlaspepper

Well I agree with most of your assumptions. I like you am an older gentleman. 42 to be exact, and have had the game since it came out and have also logged quite a few hours in this game. That being said I will prove your one assumption false. KDR. I have a 3.3+ KDR in my barracks and in most other game modes I am right near there if not over a 3. I have been hopped then hacked/ demoted back to the beginning. In the profiles I had back then my KDR was almost a 4. I agree with you that since the hacking has gone out of control I have seen my KDR go down as well. I have never hacked or glitched. I, like you, think that hackers are pathetic. If you can't play the game the way it was meant to be played then don't play it.I play all styles with all weapon styles. I mainly run and gun and do alot of flanking but I can snipe and hold down areas just the same. So please don't try to tell everyone that just because you can't carry a 3+ KDR that anyone who can is a hacker. I am sick of people like you who immediately see mine or other people stats who excel start whining and calling me/them a hacker. Even after I have played multiple matches with a 3+ KDR I still hear people like you saying there is no way your that good. Sorry. I'm far from the best and have been owned by other legitimate players but some of us can legitimately do well.

As for the amount of kills in a game. I partially agree with you. True if you constantly see someone getting over 40 kills it seems like they are a hacker. I will say though that I have played against and with people who have done just that who don't hack at all. They are just that good. I have had many matches with more than 40 kills. Most I ever had was in the 60's. It can happen. I don't really pay attention to my stats I just enjoy playing the game.It is becoming harder to enjoy it with th amount of hackers on the rise. I can honestly say this will more than likely be the last game I buy for the Wii. I plan on getting a PS3 at years end and will not pursue COD on that console. I will be going back to my beloved sport games. My hands don't work well enough to do the controls of the PS3 to play COD. I like the Wii-mote and nunchuk combination but am getting frustrated by the hackers and whiners out there. I seldom use the mic anymore and almost always have the chat muted so I don't hear the complainers like yourself.

All I am trying to say is watch what you are saying. Don't make assumptions off your own individual beliefs and abilities. Like I said, I am not the best nor do I claim to be. I can keep up with most and excel. Sure I have matches where I am under a 2 KDR or even barely break a 1 KDR. You win some and you lose some.

Last note, the Wii is not a low-income man's game console. It is a console catored to children and a device to try and bring familes together in game play. Games like COD where really never meant to be put on this console. Glad they did though. Have fun gaming and staying calm. PEACE!!

Level 11

in reply to poss911

Agreed, plus if he means 40+ kills on all gamemodes then that's BS imo.  In every mode besides TDM and S&D 40+ kills is very possible.  I have had 40+ kill tdms though, best being 49-5 even.  I get 40+ kill games in kill confirmed, team defender, etc. a fair amount of times though...

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to tlaspepper

colorful names and having signs in your name doesn't make you a hacker....heck I've got my name in all Yellow and the (gas+) isn't a hack either. You say you know a lot but it doesn't really look like it man. It also looks like you judge players by their KDRs, its something to look out for but don't trust my KDR I have a 1.49 but I like to mess around a lot when I'm not in a party. I'll run pistols only (not really as much fun as in Reflex but its doable), leave claymores out in the open and see if anyone is stupid enough to run into them, cook grenades and run into the enemies (Team Kamikaze is actually pretty funny - remind me to thank Silent later. Oh and throwing semtex on your teammates and watching them freak out XD) granted I take a lot of deaths for this but when I have my game face on I'll tag you and hunt you down as if you were a dirty mutt and I was the animal control....ooohhhh yeah

I really dont know why people still take this game seriously, loosen up people its so obvious this game has been lost to hackers for...well probably since it came out really T_T
If you can't take the hackers just leave and play some Epic Mickey, it's pretty fun actually

Level 19

in reply to tlaspepper

Oh and you should see 4H's stats. Totally legit, whopping KDRs and W/L is like, unbelievably high

Level 19

in reply to PikaBoo

PikaBoo wrote:

Oh and you should see 4H's stats. Totally legit, whopping KDRs and W/L is like, unbelievably high

lil ole us?

lol

Level 47

in reply to PikaBoo

we could all have those high w/l ratio if we turn our wii off everytime we about to lose...  just pointing out facts.

Level 6

in reply to tlaspepper

I dont know what type of internet or game some of you guys are playing on, but there are plenty of hackers out there since nintendont cant seem to see them. I guess he`s one of them. You learn how to play and stop hacking Nintendont. Funny how people talk about high kill death ratios but when I play I have the highest most of the time. Which is low because it doesnt work anymore. Thats another fix they need to work on.The people I play on my tv cannot hold a 3.00 or more kill/death ratio. So its obvious you guys must play different people than myself because where I live on my screen when playing MW3, NO ONE CAN HOLD A 3.00+ kill/death ratio. Its luck to see someone with a 2.00. Maybe Im playing high level players....lol...

Level 6

Studios