HOW TO GET CHEATERS BANNED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

HOW TO GET CHEATERS BANNED

Well BanCandy is legit, and will ban a cheater.

Steps you need to perform:

1) Start Recording the Killcam and current play of the cheater; as much as possible – remember, you need good solid evidence here. If you do not want to use the in game recorder, you can use Fraps or any other similar program.

2) Capture the Steam ID of the cheater

a) Shift+Tab while in game

b) Click on "Current Game" and find name of the cheater (Note: the name displayed may differ from the name the cheater is using in game – you may need to view the Profile of a name that does not match up with the names of the players currently in game to see the Aliases they use or have used).

c) Copy the URL or make a note of the Steam ID

3) Upload the video to YouTube (you will need a YouTube account for this) or give her your Steam ID and direct her to your Vault. Name the game so she can identify it.

4) Copy the URL of the video on YouTube and the URL to the cheaters Steam ID Profile and/or your Steam ID.

Here is the Form for reporting- http://www.reddit.com/message/compose/

BanCandy's Reddit:  http://www.reddit.com/user/bancandy - she will take it from there (she is a current IW Developer).

I have 2 videos in my vault with 3 cheaters I am about to link BanCandy too. This is no joke, and PC is as good as any platform. Don't waste her time sending BS complaints with sketchy evidence.

ALSO, link any new cheats, hacks, sites, etc. to her site.

Do your part and let's take back the neighborhood

Level 8
81 REPLIES

Re: HOW TO GET CHEATERS BANNED

in reply to batmanCOD

Also, be sure to get their Steam ID so there is absolutely no question about who this person is. Shift+Tab while you are in game. Click on the person's name in Current Game (remember, their name in game may actually differ from the one shown so you may have to click on their profile to see what aliases they use or have used).

Level 11

in reply to f0nZi3

Dang, ABSOLUTELY! Editing...

Thanks, help me make this concise so I can bump it up.

Level 8

in reply to batmanCOD

See above post.

Level 11

in reply to f0nZi3

Wonderful! I have a question in to BanCandy as well, about whether we can link her to our Vault. That would make it even easier for us, and make a better case for them. Then they can look at different perspectives. I'll let you know what I find out. Good Job!

Level 8

in reply to batmanCOD

Don't waste your time nothing will be done they don't give a toss about The PC. Community They have your cash you have the trash.

Level 3

in reply to trufflesniffer

She actually does ban people though. So, I don't see this as a waste of time, especially if we get more people doing this. I mean, we all paid for it... might as well try to make the most of what avenues we have. It's not perfect, but it's more than anyone else has done for the PC Community so far.

Level 11

in reply to f0nZi3

My issue with this, is it doesn't actually use any algorythms to detect hacks. Purely user speculation. I am, and always have been 100% legit. Unless you count modding for mw2, after I got bored of the game (after 1100 hours) I coded the Gun Game mod for it and hosted it for a good while.That's another story.

Anyways, even after uploading videos of myself playing, and getting great scores, people still speculate and say that I hack. Even with video proof, uploaded by myself, because I like to show off, this isnt proof enough. I mean okay if you catch someone spinning around headshotting everyone and its obvious, fine. but if you are banning people for one suspicious game, could be lag, or skill that is just beyond you.

http://www.youtube.com/itskevinheath

I have a 56-0 and 36-0 and several other uploaded games, that have been speculated on, but can assure all very legit games.

Level 1

in reply to edgex

It will be the obvious hackers who are banned. The people who ALWAYS follow people threw walls, or the blatant aimbotters.

I can not for a second believe that people will be banned because someone "thinks" it looks suspicious. It's not like this is a clan server or something where most of the bans come from people upset at being owned on their server, or not following some arcane rule.

p.s. No offence, but how many times are you going to post that video? I mean…nice job and all and it's something to be proud about, but I have seen better scores.

Level 5

in reply to LetTheWookieeWi

Agreed, it is inappropriate to post your videos here. Talk to the Admin and see if they will give us a place to spam folks with our videos... but not here. Links are better however. Most of the cheating is by getting a little edge. most of the cheaters can only be detected by "feel". You know when someone is cheating, when they have radar, esp, seeing the red boxes. Even if they are good at disguising it... you know. After a few thousand hours... you know, and saying you don't cheat is a useless waste of breath. You know, when they know where everyone is, all the time, with no UAV. When they start throwing grenades ahead of where you are going. Prefiring corners (not counting the lag). There are no super human gamers, no matter how much they claim to be...

Level 8

Studios