Have you seen these "preparation" videos yet?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Re: Have you seen these "preparation" videos yet?

in reply to combatvetizaf

Xcal's gameplays are not boring -- check him out. He's been around since 07, so he's not one of these new money hungry, objective ignoring assclowns like Whiteboy or Xjawz

Level 15

in reply to splittinwigs

Game feels like MW2. Not like Black Ops at all. Played at xp.

Level 6

in reply to xxsnakedocxx

Thx for this. I played blops to death and started mw2 on multi yesterday. Could I trouble you to give me 1 or 2 areas where mw3 differs dramatically from mw2. Thx in advance. gallp13

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

gallp13 wrote:

Thx for this. I played blops to death and started mw2 on multi yesterday. Could I trouble you to give me 1 or 2 areas where mw3 differs dramatically from mw2. Thx in advance. gallp13

No lightweight is huge. Everyone moves at the same pace. Also Extreme Conditioning not being as dominate as it once was. Tons of options for your loadouts. Maps are bulit for lots of engagements. Games will not be dull. Controller sensitivity and player movement is nearly identical to MW2. And weapon damage is slightly higher than black ops. Players seemed to get dropped pretty quick.

Level 6

in reply to splittinwigs

splittinwigs wrote:

Do people think that playing MW2 will prepare them for MW3?

YUP

From what I've been told, Mw3 plays like a cross between MW2 and Black ops, how could you possibly prepare for that?

I heard more CoD4 and MW2, and your best bet is to practice at MW2

Sure, some of the guns are similar, but in no way could you mimic the pacing, the gun feel or the sheer pace that is going to be in MW3.

I love watching these "preparation" videos and there are some entertaining videos, but I've refrained from doing one myself based solely on two factors.

1. There are a billion of them already out there

2. I can't simulate MW3 gameplay, so what's the point of trying.

Nobody can, and watching a preparation video will get you nowhere.

Am I offbase here? There are videos discussing the MW3 guns, perks, point streaks ETC, but when it comes to preparation, can you really be prepared for what's about to drop on 11/8/11?

I think not.

Your thoughts please...

Level 23

in reply to splittinwigs

Friends tell me mw3 has some elements that are mw2/cod4-ish. I have put down blops and am playing mw2 multi for fun and to get a feel for the dynamics as I have not played mw2 before. First time multi last night. It was different but good. gallp13

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

All the machinama respawn guys said it played just like MW2. I trust what they had to say over wiggy any day of the week. Hutch straight up said it plays like MW2. Hopefully MW3 wont have terrible sync issues that ruin the game like BLOPS.

Level 6

in reply to iigallowsii

BLOPS is made by a different studio. Each studio comes with their own problems. Sledgehammer's helping the remainder of IW though so it should be a mix of IW's blockbuster campaign plus the support of Treyarch by SH.

Level 12

in reply to iigallowsii

You believe respawn over Wiggy anyday?

First of all scrub, I never said that I played one minute of the game, I said my source was a person that HAS played the game and I trust his judgment over a bunch of money hungry, sub chasing, view whoring punks who only care about your vides and your worship.

Now, you believe what you want, I could give a flying F if you listen to anything I say, I just brought up the question, but if you want to slam on me, step up, Wiggy's line in long and distinguished, just like his Johnson Son!

As for the topic at hand. I think it's a noble idea, but I think these people "preparing" for MW3 are going to be in for a rude awakening, as the pacing may be like MW2, but I bet the setups will be completely different, the guns will feel totally different and people will be surprised on how many "touches" sledgehammer puts on the game.

Now, with that said, keep bringing it folks, this is a good discussion.

Level 75

in reply to splittinwigs

Your hatred for the YouTube community aside, I had three friends who played the game at CoDXP and none of them said it felt like Black Ops.

Level 9

Studios