Have you seen these "preparation" videos yet?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Have you seen these "preparation" videos yet?

in reply to sdrol117

Indeed Sir, Indeed...

Level 75

in reply to godofpoptarts

Never said I've played the game...

... have I seen numerous videos? Yes.

... do I have 1000 of hours playing COD under my belt? Yes.

... do I trust my ability to combine the above to form an educated opinion? Yes.

chinese smile smiley

I don't just "know a guy" and I don't need to vet his credentials to know I value his judgement and opinion far more than Youtube commentator who think QS is a good thing.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to splittinwigs

To be honest Wigs, I'm sticking to Black Ops until MW3 comes out.

Traded in MW2 a few months due to the fact that I found the game unbearable.

There wasn't a game mode where some douche was tubing or running around "commando lunging" with a tactical knife.

COD4 & WAW is gone from my collection, mainly because of the hackers & the games I get into are mostly 2 bar games.

The only way I see players preparing for MW3 is to start private matches on XBOX Live and place rules to what a player can/cannot use.

I have played some MW2 on the PC via AlterIWnet and played in servers where they can kick players for using tubes or commando so you could follow the same idea on XBOX Live but keep it in private matches.

For instance, if you started your own MW2 private matches, I would "ban" Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, Danger Close & Last Stand. I'm not sure of keeping Lightweight since it's a deathstreak (Juiced) now.

For deathstreaks, I would "ban" just Painkiller & Copycat since most of the other deathstreaks are coming back to MW3.

For weapons, I would just "ban" shotguns unless players agree to treat them as primaries. (without switching to their primary)

This is probably the closest you'll get to playing MW3, private matches with rules.

If you enter public, it'll just be a f**kload of tubes and MLC douchebags.

I would join if you did plan to start up some private MW2 friendly games but I traded in the game.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

There aren't that many hackers in CoD4 as you might think... 6/10 of the games I play are playable, and the hacked ones are usually benevolent. Just stick to anything but Search and you should be fine.

Level 12

in reply to Bloodring

I still see an influx of hackers from my end so I gave up on COD4.

Tried all game modes but couldn't find one non-hacked lobby.

COD4 has been traded in anyway so I'm just sticking to what I have at home until BF3, Batman Arkham City & MW3 come out.

Also, when you live in New Zealand, you're most likely to find yourself in 2 bar lobbies anyway (as most players are either playing from USA or UK)

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Well, that's your loss then, friend. I still enjoy many great matches in the game, and I even accidentally joined an XP lobby so I got a free prestige. TDM's good, you rarely find any hackers these days. The ones I've found usually suck so bad that I don't mind them hacking because I own them

Level 12

in reply to Bloodring

Haha, you're lucky. I had great times on COD4 until the parasites ruined the game for me.

The last hacked lobby I got into were a bunch of modders using unlimited tubes and sonic boom on the map "Crossfire"

Something like this:

That's when I went straight to my local game store and traded it in towards MW3

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Isn't it a break from the usual "I'm gonna try and kill everyone and go positive and if I don't I'm gonna get super pissed" thing? When I find those things I just pick the default and join in. Hacks are fun when everyone's involved. It's when there are hackers using invincibility and invisibility to own the good players cuz they just freaking suck that bad that really get me. Never mind all the other stuff.

Level 12

in reply to Bloodring

I like to play real matches of CoD4, because that game was amazing. Not super jump unlimited ammo super speed lobbies. They were fun for abot five minutes.

Level 23

in reply to splittinwigs

Agreed, I'm only playing good ol' Modern Noob Tube 2 to more or less get my shot back before MW3 releases.

Level 11

Studios