Here are some thing to fix in future patches please and a rant

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Here are some thing to fix in future patches please and a rant

in reply to jcomm06

Thanks. Kill Confirm is the best. At least the words "kill confirmed ' are fast, it gets repetitive

I found out my KD is 1.1 in TDM. I know its low.

But in KC its .75 or lower cause I play the objective.

also because I am not used to it yet. I have yet to find my right class setup for my playstyle.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Lag/ compensation - So I have been told the setting is permanently local now. I am getting into games with under 50 second PINGS and I am getting lag shooting issue on more than one third of the shootouts. Black Ops it was once per every few games. Dont say its my network settings because my Xbox and all the other players games have 50 ping or less. Considering I have quality connections. I hate to say it but I agree with the people about the lag / compensation on this one. Black Ops WAS better anytime I try to stab someone it takes halfa second for the player to act.

This is surprising coming from you.

Back in Black Ops, you use to give me a hard time about this problem.

I feel the same here, it's worse here than it was in Black Ops. Due to the higher bullet damage, it's more noticeable. Being host is also worse than Black Ops in my opinion.

I somewhat sorted it out by disabling my port forwarding, disabled UPNP to get a moderate NAT Type to avoid host in MW3.

But this is what confuses me, why add such demanding lag compensation when you are placed with players with similar ping?

Level 51

Kil Confirm - To the people new to this type of game (everybody)... When you kill someone GET THE TAGS. More than half the time a player will kill someone from 5 feet away and try not to run into the tags and keep going the other way. The same happens when you see red tags, GET THE TAGS. The game is not based on your KD ratio but is based on you Confirming Your Kill. And these are not people using tags for strategy, these are people that seem not to know. When your buddy dies right next to you dont keep staring out the window. Get His Tags.

In my opinion, there is one flaw of Kill Confirmed.

You still gain your point streaks even if you or a teammate DO NOT collect that dog tag.

So the incentive of collecting that dog tag is not there (if you don't care about winning)

Don't get me wrong, I love having a go at players who go 30-5 and still lose (as they don't collect the tags) but I just don't enjoy it when they get placed in my team and gloat about how they got a 6 K/D in that match.

Kill Confirmed should follow the same ruling on Crysis 2 dog tag system.

Once you or your teammate collect that dog tag, you get access to that point streak.

This could encourage a bit more communication and encourage players to collect that dog tag. 

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

That was funny on your last post I knew you or someone else would come back

I just change my playstyle more to move and watch and move again. also it gets better when my wife is working cause I can turn the stereo up .

I play private match a few times a day to get used to the maps too, just walking around looking for vantage points.

I finally got a good killstreak on the support level and half the game the air traffic was too full. I kept hitting my celphone button. I also get that little support heli and still cant fly it right. Looks like I will have to make a private match with my wifes Gamertag when shes at work. At least that way I can test everything out.

One other thing bugs me. There seem to be a lot of hip fire one shot kills that get me. Or the lag makes it seem like the oppo fired one shot.

But I have hope that the / connection issue will be fixed. Or we just have to get used to it like I did with some of the blops games.

Vims I am going to send you a forum freind request. I am in US . are you in Australia ? I would like to play with some of the regs here in MW3. I really want to try some of the private matches. If the FR I sent you goes well, please send me your GT.

Level 72

I could be wrong but in the four hour live session with IGN where they had robert bowling and the creative director from sledgehammer they said that the maps were going to be more vertical this is something they intentionally put in whether you like it or not is up to you but i dont find a problem with it.  And yes i did watch the full four hours

Level 1

in reply to holyresistance1

Not forgetting to remove deaths added by being team killed.... WTF did they not listen to anything the community adked for in MW2?

Level 22

Managed to accept the friend request but cannot find the button to PM my GT.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Got your GT. You can remove it now. My GT starts with a T.

Level 72

Studios