Hosting Lag Almost Gone 12-2-11

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Hosting Lag Almost Gone 12-2-11

Not sure if its luck, something being done with the servers, the fact that its the middle of the day on weekday, or some other possibility.  I played about ten matches today, I live in Ohio, played from about 10 to 12, pulled host every match, and would say the game ran at about 85%.  Thats much better than the typical 50% that I have had up until today.  The patch took place days ago, and I didnt notice a big improvement until today, so I doubt it has much to do with the patch unless they had to do something with the servers to take advantage of the patch.  For those of you like me who always pull host, as of today are you also noticing a big improvement?  Maybe its simply because the servers arent very busy during the middle of the day, but the game was running well enough that I didnt mind being host.  What do you guys think?

Level 4
15 REPLIES

Re: Hosting Lag Almost Gone 12-2-11

in reply to Goodtwin1

I would guess that the patch hasn't been downloaded by everyone quite yet, so hopefully, as more people log on and dl the latest patch, the lag will slowly get better.

btw, do you usually play during the mid-day?

Level 12

in reply to jbghah123

Are you talking about the patch from the other day or is there another update that isn't in the announcements yet? Since the last patch a few days ago, for me its almost like it was before the first patch.

Level 29

in reply to pauly01

The 11/30 patch probably hasn't reached everyone yet because those people haven't played yet...so I was suggesting possibly, as more and more people start playing, the lag may actually get better..

Level 12

in reply to jbghah123

No it won't... The amount of people who HAVE the patch have no effect on how much a patch worked, because you can't go on multiplayer if you DO NOT have the patch.

Basically, what you're saying is like saying that "The bottle of coke is not delicious because not enough people are drinking it"

Ermm....You'll get the point that i'm trying to get across eventually.

Level 38

in reply to padiego

You know this patch doesn't require a download right?

Level 14

in reply to Goodtwin1

I thought there are no servers in this game, one of the Wii in the lobby host the match, servers only keep track of stats....

Level 11

in reply to ichilenozo

Yeah, the host is the server for the game. Stats are tracked through Activision's (et. al.) servers.

Level 10

in reply to GreggG

I have a few vacation days to burn before the end of the year, thats why I have been able to play mid day.  So no, I normally do not play mid day, normally in the evenings is when I play the most.  I did not realize that the host is actually acting as the server for the game, so that means Activisions servers are really only keeping track of stats, and taking care of matching up players, but once in game their servers are out of play.  Never really knew the point of having a host until now, thats good to know. 

Level 4

in reply to Goodtwin1

lol I thought that the word "host" was pretty clear, otherwise what did you think being a "host" mean?

Level 11

Studios