How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox/PC for Hackers/Modders?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox/PC for Hackers/Modders?

I would like to see that IW/SH & Activision from MW3 forward, take a stance against these disgraceful actions. I would like to see that they work in conjunction, with Xbox and PS3 to stop these BASTARDS [sorry, but in the sense of the word they are despicable]. They have ruined so many of our matches, enjoyment. No matter what console.

They have IMO have attempted to ruin the meaning of grinding for the prestige. Disregarding that some of us work hard to be in good rankings on the leaderboards. So Activision, IW/SH, Xbox, PS3 will you please find a way to keep the guys from doing these horrible things to MW3 and onward? Maybe banning them from one console and even if they get the competitions, find a way to keep them off of it, for MW3 and all your other games.

Feel free to add what you think and feel about the options that can or should be taken. Please no flaming, I feel the same pain that you do, but lets stay sensible.

Moderators, Admins, please feel free to give us what insight/intel you may have that you have gained from your positions.

Thanks and Peace to all Gamers!!!

Morgue

Message was edited by: esmorgue

Activision Ambassador
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?

in reply to esmorgue
Solution
‎20-10-2011 10:48 AM

Hackers, boosters and people abusing the game with modified equipment do spoil the game. They spoil the game for the people who do not do this and they spoil their own opportunity to play the game in a conventional intended way. In summary they the spoil the game the way it was intended. If developers and console manufacturers could stop all forms of the above with software programming and hardware defences they would. So to make strong deterents, punishing and eliminating offenders would begin to set the balance right, edge the game back to equilibrium, allow fair play and enhance gamer satisfaction from individual combats to entire careers of prestiging or even COD series gaming.

I cannot see why investment in warnings, protocols and notices at the start of new title's cycle will not be sufficient enough to justify immediate blanket bans on any offenders. They disgust me - not for the severity of their crime, but for the anonymity and guilt-free scenario they experience by not being held responsible for millions' inconvenience. It's time to give a consequence to an action and show that it is wrong.

Level 34
44 REPLIES

How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?

in reply to esmorgue

what upsets me is black ops started the report system but they never gave us feed back on the results.

Level 5

How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?

in reply to wgb2nd

I would like to see a confirmation sent back to our emails. that would be the least they could do. IMO. That would at least be some reassurance.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

I would like to see the continuation of bans for hackers/modders and throw boosters into the mix. Just take a hardline approach with these people and it will soon die out. It should be console bans as well and not just account bans.

Level 12

in reply to lishy_fips

I would also. If you get a chance go and watch Anthos77's video called "The way I see it", boosting is just disgusting.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Please don't post the same thread across multiple forums.  Thanks.

Level 23

in reply to justinsanev2

Please don't impersonate  Mods. Spam much? Off Topic? CoC?

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Impersonating? He is informing you of the rules that you should be following. It's called respect. He never claimed to be a mod, but he is one of the few people here who follows the rules.

Level 23

in reply to sdrol117

And he is doing that by going to both sub forums and spamming that? Following the CoC huh? That was a two posts for him. I could see a valid point if it were point less posting. Yet this is a discussion that apparently both console users have important opinion about and care about.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Are you really mad that his post count is going up? Silly SmiliesPeople are so butthurt over post count on these forums. Everybody can see evrry forum, put it in general multiplayer, or since most people sit on the main screen anyway, all popular post topics are seen.

Level 23

Studios