I am curious about some Qscopers, are you doing this?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I am curious about some Qscopers, are you doing this?

Disclaimer:

I am not attempting to accuse every scoper, as I know that some of you are very good ( I have a few friends who are excellent, legit, quick scopers). I saw something very weird this weekend in full-force...

Situation:

I was in a few games seeing this: People running around with snipers and killing people with a little more ease than usual. One game was a clan and they were all quickscoping and posted some pretty nice scores.  I have seen people do this, but I swear I was watching a few people who seemed to have very good accuracy (maybe too good?) . They were out in the open and barely stopping to take their shots... to the point of them seriously questioning their legitimacy.

I know their are no "auto-aim" hacks on the PS# (as of yet), but these people were acting as ifi there was. A friend was telling me how it was possible to "rig" your TV so you do not really have to aim. Back in MW2 I saw a few people who would tape their TVs so if they put someone in a circle or whatever they knew that when they zoomed in they would be right on target. Most of the community laughed at them people so it slowed down (and it ruined the TV!). But after my friend was telling me this, I thought "I wonder if people are still doing this"

Some people are very good at scoping. To those who are, bravo. But after seeing some gamers run into a room and clear out a few people and never (well barely ever) missing... it got me thinking.  Has anyone see this before: Blu(e) Tack

Seems pretty cheap to me. (not posting a youtube link as I do not condone it, but one can easily find it)

Again, I doubt most players are doing this, but after what I saw this weekend... Can someone who is very good at quickscoping chime in?  I think my question to you is: As a quickscoper, are you seeing some weird over the top scoping going on that even makes you think: "hmmm!?"

Any post that is simply a trolling "you got butt-hurt" exercise will be ignored as even in the match I described above, we did win (but please feel free to post them if you think it is required)

Activision Ambassador
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I am curious about some Qscopers, are you doing this?

Solution
‎23-07-2012 10:03 AM

I would say I'm pretty competent with a sniper rifle and I'm decent enough at quickscoping that when not hampered by the effects of lag compensation, I'll connect with a decent percentage of my shots.  It took a good few months to get there, with some terrible FFA performances, and a crushing of my W/L ratio and KDR, but nowadays I'm pretty much always positive by a decent margin. 

Anyway, when I was starting out trying to quickscope I went on youtube and searched for as many vids with tips and advice on quickscoping and also sniping in general, since it had never been one of my strong weapon classes.  I did come across a vid showing people putting makeshift red dots on the screen to improve their accuracy, so I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try.  I actually found it to be more of a distraction than anything else and quickly decided it wasn't for me, because I was focusing more on the dot than the target. 

One of the things that I find difficult is centring the target before ADSing, particularly because I don't have great control and dexterity in my thumbs, so I find that I have much more success with dragscoping, which though quite fast and efficient in most situations, isn't as quick as a pop-shot.  I would say I'm average to above-average with pop-shots, as are most of the decent snipers I come across (the ones posting positive scores).  However, every once in a while I'll come across someone who seems to just be able to hit them almost every time and it's a tough proposition to deal with someone with such a high degree of control and accuracy on high sensitivity.  That isn't easy to do with such consistency.

That being said, when I see 2-3 guys being taken out by a sniper standing in the open I really have to question whether it's a case of the sniper being really good, or the other players just being really bad.  I've never had a situation where I've even had a 2 on 1 with a sniper in the open and he's been able to take both of us out unless one of us has foolishly stood right behind the other.  Even when you see those montage clips where the guy gets 4-5 man feeds, most of them have just been running forward like headless chickens, or looking the other way, Very rarely have I seen the sniper actually under fire.

Level 29
41 REPLIES

legit cheapscopers hahaha that one made me laugh,  but i agree it seems that cheapscoping has become very easy to pull off without hardlys any effort what so ever

Level 30

in reply to machine2011

hehe, well what I meant by that is:

People who are capable of quickscoping given the game mechanics as they are, without having to resort to adding x-haris or dots on their TVs.

(this post is not a rant against quickscoiping, but your input tells me it is not just me that is seeing a rise in the activity)

Activision Ambassador

in reply to machine2011

machine2011 wrote:

legit cheapscopers hahaha that one made me laugh,  but i agree it seems that cheapscoping has become very easy to pull off without hardlys any effort what so ever

Beautiful statement.

(except for the grammar, but I can see past it)

Level 22

Actually that could be a great idea for learning how to QS.  Never thought of it but it's simple and probably really effective.  Sure it's cheap but you've got to appreciate the inginuity.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

True, I never thought of it that way.  But when one learn's how to do it, do they take off the "dot"

It is like people who would hack their receivers to get free TV. They called it "testing" e.g. you were testing if the hacked box actually worked.  The problem is, people would "test" indefinitely...

Activision Ambassador

I leave games where I stand no chance at all, very fast. Qsing me out in the open, yeahj no way.

It's not only snipers. ever gun Insta-kills you without a chance in these fair lobbies.

I call it Lagvantage. People qsing are generally easy kills, unless they are fast and keep some distance.

Level 32

in reply to Snipingdbag

Yeah I would agree, but these people were right in your face. Like during a DZ game, they would run right into the enemy controlled DZ:

Shoot - dead, take a step to the right

Shoort - dead, take a step to the right

Shoot - dead, take a step to the left

They died.

Now someone good (and better yet with lag adavantage) one could do this fine. But it was not how many people they killed, it was how easy it was, and how fast they were shooting and not missing.

One guy no-scoped me (as an example) with such ease I had to watch the kill cam. I had the jump on him and turned and poof I was dead. This happens of course, but to me it looked like his sniper was exactly were it should have been. Very hard to describe what I am talking about, I guess oone had to see//experience this.

Note: I ahve seen people do some amazing stuff, even full clans of scopers doing well. But here and there, I am seeing some stuff that has everyone on the team saying: "How are these guys doing that" (even some half decent snipers).

Anyways, still looking for a quickscoper to chime and and say either:

- Yes I have seen this and this is what is going on (whatever it is is: me being a noob, me on the bad side of lag, yes people are tacking their screens, no people are not taking their screens, etc... with some sort of proof/personal experience of what they do)

again, unless you have seen what I am talking about, it is very hard to describe in words (and I am fully willing to accept it was just mega lag). Note: I am not talking about some guy popping out of nowhere and killing you (lag), I am talking about some person just walking around picking people off so fast and with monster accuracy that it is hard to believe anyone is that good.

just asking...

Activision Ambassador

holy crap I type a lot

Activision Ambassador

Well if I have lagvatage, I will hit every pop-shot going 50 plus. I have had these games on dome. They are rare though. The time it takes to get an accurate ohk shot off with qdraw is just 0.2 seconds, if you have latency / lagdisadvantage problems, you basically cannot beat / react in time to beat the ohk. It helps if you hold the hold bearth button while qsing.

Level 32

Studios