I am going to sign out everytime I dont like how things are going.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: I'm am going to sign out everytime I dont like how things are going.

in reply to brewcastleunite

Here's a tip...

In game menu "Quit" = Stats are recorded, you get a loss, host migration.

PS Menu "Quit Game" = Stats are recorded, you get a loss.

PS Menu "Account Manager, Sign Out" = All your stats are lost, host migration fails and gives everyone else a loss if you're host, and you don't even have to restart the disk.

Level 12

in reply to DarthBryan

I just hold in the ps button and quit the game....backing the whole way out to the PS screen records nothing. I'm 100% sure of it, my W/L ratio is 1.58 - if it were recording these backouts as losses I probably wouldn't be that high for W/L ratio. I know just quitting the match and heading back to the game menu records the loss...dashboarding to the PS main menu records nothing.

Level 10

brewcastleunited wrote:

I just hold in the ps button and quit the game....backing the whole way out to the PS screen records nothing. I'm 100% sure of it, my W/L ratio is 1.58 - if it were recording these backouts as losses I probably wouldn't be that high for W/L ratio. I know just quitting the match and heading back to the game menu records the loss...dashboarding to the PS main menu records nothing.

No. I tested it on day 1. PS menu quit still gives you a loss. Signing out doesn't. And it's also quicker to get back into a game.

Level 12

in reply to DarthBryan

Are you talking about in the game itself or on your elite account? I know your online elite account sees everything, but your in game account only sees results actually recorded. I'll give your way a try and see if it's quicker. It's a shame though, if they would fix this lag comp bs this whole thread wouldn't be necessary. I think MW3 is a solid game, but they're wrecking it by catering to people that have online connections that are not sufficient for online gaming. I don't remember seeing so many glitchy or laggy games on MW2 or Black Ops - dashboarding wasn't really necessary on those games. Any MW3 (Activision / Sledgehammer / IW) admins monitoring these threads....I CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE THERE ARE NO ISSUES LIKE THIS ON BF3 BECAUSE EA / DICE BUCKED UP FOR DEDICATED SERVERS - HOW MANY MILLIONS OF COPIES SOLD AND STILL NO DEDICATED SERVERS? PISS OFF! I swear, if it weren't for my weird compulsion to rank up and progress through this game I would bail in a heartbeat. BF3 is every bit as good as MW3 (they're both good games that do different things - I think both are worth owning) but BF3 doesn't seem to have these f'd up lag / glitch issues. Time for another patch... the one that ditches this lag comp crap! Improvements to the matchmaking would be nice too!

Level 10

PS Menu "Quit Game", disk exit still gives you a loss. Test it. Look at you loss total. Then start a match and exit the disk. When you load it back up, you'll have 1 more loss. I think this is because the game knows that you are quitting the disk so it saves your info as you quit, but if you simply sign out, it's like getting disconnected and can't record anything.

Level 12

in reply to DarthBryan

I feel each and every one of your pain guys. Its just a joke how we get punnished for our connections.

Level 2

in reply to DarthBryan

I do this, but i take the lumps from it too. Got Unbelievable last night, but the guy dashboarded out, so didn't actually get the kill-cam. O wells, lotta months to get it again.

Level 11

in reply to esmorgue

Wal-mart connections.

Level 1

in reply to esmorgue

Oh....and YES I FAIL AND DO IT WELL!!!!

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Bro this probably sums up what everyone who has a good connection feels right now.I think everyone who gets host and gets the lag comp should do this.Lets ruin these bandwidth leeches games too.If i'm gonna lose so should these pricks.

Level 1

Studios