Infected fix

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Infected fix

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

Moab camping is just stupid and lame and it needs to be removed from that game mode. It is not meant for the survirors to set there in the high spots and camp moabs the entire match.

The logic in this.

Level 47
Likes: 303
Posts: 8604
Registered: ‎21-06-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to trialstardragon

MOAB should stay. It makes Infected a lot more fun. I think those stupid spots like the van on Arkaden, all the spots of Seatown etc. should be blocked off or insta-death. I'm fine with the removal of Throwing Knives. THe Infected DO NOT need them, unless the survivors are camping somewhere stupid. One thing though, I wouldn't mind if KD and WL were not affected. The whole point of Infected is to run in as a horde, get mowed down, wittle down their ammo and hope to catch a survivor reloading. Zombies come in hordes so you need a horde mentality like the Common Infected from L4D. It's a death sentence to your stats by doing so.

Level 61
Likes: 185
Posts: 13037
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to trialstardragon

Agree with removing MOAB.  It just doesn't fit with Infected.  It shouldn't be about getting MOABs, which is now the only thing people play it for.  It should simply be about surviving and infecting.  MOAB makes people camp way too much.

Also agree with giving throwing knives back to counter the idiots who high camp/glitch camp in spots where they are untouchable (including the ladder spots on Dome and Outpost)

Other than that, the infected should be at a pretty significant disadvantage to the survivors.  That's the whole point after all, and that's what makes it interesting.

Oh yeah and like another guy said - absolutely should not count towards K/D and W/L - and that's coming from somebody who almost never cares about his own stats.

Level 20
Likes: 169
Posts: 1474
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to iamhollywood5

Huh? As a survivor, it's your job to survive, and you're saying the MOAB makes people camp? If anything, the MOAB is encouraging the Survivors to play the objective:not run around and die.

Level 61
Likes: 185
Posts: 13037
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to An Oreo

The moab encourages players to find glitch spots to hide and camp, not to play the objective. 90% of the games are meant to end in the infected's favor, not the survivors.

The objective of the game is to face unyielding numbers and survive for as long as possible knowing that you will fail eventually. But with moab camping in the high spots that the infected can not reach, it has become camp the highest location fest. Which is not really what the game mode is about.

Which is why it needs to be removed and they do need the throwing knife back.

Level 70
Likes: 1950
Posts: 12882
Registered: ‎26-05-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to trialstardragon

Very rarely do the survivors win, I have been playing infected only pretty much and have only seen the survivors win a couple of times, Once when I hid in a corner the whole game on Outpost the other i can clearly remember was the a guy was hiding behind the desk in the sunglass shop on Arkaden, God knows how he got behind there. Even when a guy got his moab we stilled killed him before it detonated and won the game.

I got a moab hiding in the burger place on Arkaden and called it then died, The game said it was 18 infected and 0 survivors but the game was still going, Moab went off killing me and my 18 teammates lol.

<3 Infected, The only game mode where i can get a 19 feed with an RSASS lol.

Level 19
Likes: 121
Posts: 1444
Registered: ‎23-09-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

The moab encourages players to find glitch spots to hide and camp, not to play the objective. 90% of the games are meant to end in the infected's favor, not the survivors.

The objective of the game is to face unyielding numbers and survive for as long as possible knowing that you will fail eventually.

EXACTLY! thats why you never lose... infected should win just about every time... if you can manage to hold down a corner with some teammates and stay alive... awesome!!

but it isnt meant to happen every single game by hiding in some retarded place nobody can get you... the fun is being on the ground where they have a chance to get you...and blowing them away as they try!! lol.. plus its fun for them trying to dodge and weave to get in knifing range

they always get you eventually.... but its 100x more fun then camping the damn catwalk for 15min and MAYBE going 25-0 when i just went 30-1 running around... that single death is really screwing my stats over.... lol

Level 16
Likes: 155
Posts: 911
Registered: ‎11-10-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to TurdFerguson00

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

EXACTLY! thats why you never lose... infected should win just about every time... if you can manage to hold down a corner with some teammates and stay alive... awesome!!

but it isnt meant to happen every single game by hiding in some retarded place nobody can get you... the fun is being on the ground where they have a chance to get you...and blowing them away as they try!! lol.. plus its fun for them trying to dodge and weave to get in knifing range

they always get you eventually.... but its 100x more fun then camping the damn catwalk for 15min and MAYBE going 25-0 when i just went 30-1 running around... that single death is really screwing my stats over.... lol

Survivors should have a chance to win. Removing the spots not intended to be reachable is fine, but the MOAB is a reward for reaching 25 kills. There is no point of removing it as the whole game mode is a large field made for boosting stats and simple leveling.

Might as well remove the game mode. It is available in private matches, you know.

Level 47
Likes: 303
Posts: 8604
Registered: ‎21-06-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to platinumb

platinumb wrote:

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

EXACTLY! thats why you never lose... infected should win just about every time... if you can manage to hold down a corner with some teammates and stay alive... awesome!!

but it isnt meant to happen every single game by hiding in some retarded place nobody can get you... the fun is being on the ground where they have a chance to get you...and blowing them away as they try!! lol.. plus its fun for them trying to dodge and weave to get in knifing range

they always get you eventually.... but its 100x more fun then camping the damn catwalk for 15min and MAYBE going 25-0 when i just went 30-1 running around... that single death is really screwing my stats over.... lol

Survivors should have a chance to win. Removing the spots not intended to be reachable is fine, but the MOAB is a reward for reaching 25 kills. There is no point of removing it as the whole game mode is a large field made for boosting stats and simple leveling.

Might as well remove the game mode. It is available in private matches, you know.

i agree with you completely... i have no issue with it being included... they would still be pretty rare if people couldnt camp these places... far too easy to attain as is for people that shouldnt get them...

survivors still won once and awhile with the TK, i even had a guy run and gun to 46-1 (tho alot were moab kills i assume) when the throwing knifes were included.... and they can still win without abusing an unreachable location... but its supposed to be maybe 10-20% of games, not 100%

Level 16
Likes: 155
Posts: 911
Registered: ‎11-10-2011

Re: Infected fix

in reply to iamhollywood5

iamhollywood5 wrote:

Agree with removing MOAB.  It just doesn't fit with Infected.  It shouldn't be about getting MOABs, which is now the only thing people play it for.  It should simply be about surviving and infecting.  MOAB makes people camp way too much.

Also agree with giving throwing knives back to counter the idiots who high camp/glitch camp in spots where they are untouchable (including the ladder spots on Dome and Outpost)

Other than that, the infected should be at a pretty significant disadvantage to the survivors.  That's the whole point after all, and that's what makes it interesting.

Oh yeah and like another guy said - absolutely should not count towards K/D and W/L - and that's coming from somebody who almost never cares about his own stats.

i dunno... it seemed fair to me regarding stats before they removed the TK... infected are supposed to eventually win just about every time... that means everyones infected = everyone wins

you only got a bunch of deaths if you were stupid enough to get knifed when it was 17v1... but even then, maybe 10-15 deaths for the round.... not playing for 10min and its still 17v1 and hes now 0-38 and everyone is camping on him... the TK prevent cheapness..

plus it was maaad fun to act like you were in the matrix and dodging knives everywhere..lol... if you are really good.... you get to have 17 people hunt you down.... loads of kills for a good player but you will be caught eventually... finish like 30-1 and get the win like everyone else...

the new infected treats the infected team like they are bots... just there for the amusment of the survivors... even if stats werent counted, im not wasting time being fodder for invincable armed enemies...

Level 16
Likes: 155
Posts: 911
Registered: ‎11-10-2011

Studios