Interactive maps, your opinion and if they are in MW3.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I LOVED the interactive maps in BO. It was one of the cool features. (Opening the gates in Radiation, Zip lines in Kowloon, Elevators in Hotel, CLosing the doors in Stockpile). I also enjoyed the Missile launch in...Launch, and it was something that added to the maps. Did you guys enjoy these features? Would you want to see something like this again?

Have they been confirmed in MW3 yet?

A lot of them were for fun, like the zip-lines, but the radiation door and stock pile doors were key in a good team strategy to hold objectives, and made things more interesting IMO. Thoughts, comments, trolls?

Level 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

in reply to sdrol117
Solution
‎19-10-2011 03:30 PM

I like the ones that added strategy. Like Stockpile and Radiation. The guns on Berlin Wall were a great place to throw care packages. Especially during DOM. People would focus on how to get those rather than points. Same on Jungle I would throw my packages into the minefield during DOM to distract the other team. I would like to see more interactive maps.

Level 10
32 REPLIES

in reply to sdrol117

Some were good, some were bad, some were pretty pointless. But I could not complain if they were in but either way is fine with me it will not ruin or make the game or experiance for me.

Level 8

Re: Interactive maps, your opinion and if they are in MW3.

in reply to windeblade13

I agree on the pointlessness, like the zip-lines, but it was just something added. And I did get a few good saves from using them in objective games, helps you move faster.

Edit: While I am here i'd love to RANT about how pissed off I am "Text is prohibited due to profanity" or whatever it says while making a class in Black Ops, get rid of it IW. I couldn't name my fucking class FAMAS. It's a GUN IN THE GAME. HOW IS IT PROFANE. 3arc pisses me off. /rant

Level 23

in reply to windeblade13

windeblade13 wrote:

Some were good, some were bad, some were pretty pointless. But I could not complain if they were in but either way is fine with me it will not ruin or make the game or experiance for me.

Isn't that what makes gaming fun... doing pointless stuff sometimes because you can?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

So did you like them, or want them to return?

Level 23

Re: Interactive maps, your opinion and if they are in MW3.

in reply to sdrol117

I thought the interactive parts added to the feel of the maps...

... never had an issue with them.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to sdrol117

i dont think theres a big need for them really and the only one i found usefull was on radiation

Level 22

in reply to dfhfh

Would you prefer them not to return? Did you feel they took away from the maps? Or just didn't add anything and being there or not, it made no difference?

Level 23

in reply to sdrol117

dont really care like i said it was only the doors on radiation i found usefull

i never used the ziplines or the elevators

Level 22

in reply to sdrol117

I was never a fan of interactive maps (or many of the features that Black Ops implemented) simply because I felt it added to the randomness of the game. I'm not a fan of random in multiplayer: random is uncontrollable, uncontrollable isn't fun. I prefer static maps, with a random starting spawn instead (I think that would be pretty fun). Interactive maps, in my opinion, are just pointless. And pointless isn't suited for Call of Duty.

Level 10

Studios