Just Remove Akimbo.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Just Remove Akimbo.

It is the only way.  the only reason that the FMG's are OP are because of Akimbo.  Don't nerf it. Just remove Akimbo.

Level 25
75 REPLIES

Re: Just Remove Akimbo.

in reply to asianman12

AGREE!

Level 2

in reply to originalpunter

AGREE!!!

A secondary weapon should never be more powerful than primary in FPS. Sure akimbo FMGs are only useful in CQC, but in a game where the maps are so small and tight they are just a constant pain in the arse for any players with any level of skill. The only thing more annoying than akimbo are those n00by arseholes running around with extra damage and range on Strikers.

I've changed my style of play to compensate for this, but now I've started receiving messages from the n00bs running around with akimbo FMGs and Strikers for being a n00by camper! You couldnt make this up!

Level 1

in reply to k0nspiracy

I just got done playing some Domination on Arkaden.  The whole opposite team had either a striker or a set of Akimbo FMGs.  They just mow us down every time two of them come around.  And adding on the fact that this game sucks at prioritizing connections across the lobby, their bullet spam seems to get better hit detection than well placed/aimed shots from my AR/SMG.  It is so frustrating.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

so beacuse 6 players in one game run around with fmg9 and a striker that constatutes a nerf?? they just nerfed the guns now you are moaning about it alredy .the only thing that needs nerfing its the typhoon of 12 yearold kids who swarm cod and because of one bad game that gun needs nerfing.Im sorry but i wonder some times what goes through peoples hea some times.

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

If one gun after so many nerfs can still dominate against a team using primaries. It is overpowered. Are you that skeptical?

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

I wish.  Its doubtful though I'm afraid.  Akimbo doesn't even make sense.  In every lobby there's always one dufus who thinks he's Rambo running around spraying akimbos all over.

BTW,have you noticed that you can reload Akimbo FMGs faster than you can reload just one?  WTF

Level 9

in reply to IIFURIOII

IMO, akimbo was introduced so that had something similar to dual wielding in Halo...then Bungie responded by introducing a perks system into Halo. Theres room in Halo for dual wielding because they understand the concept of both map and weapon balance. Unfortunately IW dont.

Level 1

in reply to k0nspiracy

Dual-weilding in Halo is bit more believable as SPARTAN's are super soldiers with computer-assisted targeting and recoil-compensation built into their armor.

Level 23

in reply to IIFURIOII

Yea, I just don't see why they thought akimbo was such a good idea. 

Level 25

Studios