MW3 disconnects me from XboxLive ... frequently

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

MW3 disconnects me from XboxLive ... frequently

I'd turn my Xbox on, and get into an online game via wireless connection. Sometimes it'll disconnect me mid-game (then about 15secs later disconnect me from xbox live), but mostly I'll get disconnected if I back out of the lobby to start a new search.

I've had a couple of different error msg's show - 'communications lost with MW3... , or just simple ' disconnected from XboxLive'. (I've had a few others but I can't remember them off-hand)

This 1st happened to me occassionally about a month ago, mostly on the Elite playlist. But now it's happening again on all playlists. It occurs every single time I play the game. Always when I leave the lobby (or eveybody leaves and tries a new auto search), 1 in 10, i'll get disconnected mid game (always the 1st game). When I reconnect, sometimes I can play the game without many problems, the other times the issue will repeat every game/lobby. It's 50-50.

It seems to be a conflict problem with my router. When Xbox Live drops, my PC connection will drop as well (every time).

I have tried both port-forwarding all ports - Xbox and MW3, and removing them but it still happens.

This is only happening when I'm playin' MW3 by the way. I'm having no probs with other games online.

Is anyone else having a similar issue and can help with a possible solution/fix?

Thanks

Level 3
6 REPLIES

Re: MW3 disconnects me from XboxLive ... frequently

in reply to Dscru

Have you had the same issues with a WIRED connection?

Level 21

in reply to Wraith Overlord

I had the same problems too, and I was wired when it happend. so wired or wireless is not the issue. It is the router/modem and the isp having issues with each other in most cases. Where the isp is traffic shaping to reduce udp packet transfer to try and cut down on torrent traffic.

Level 70

in reply to Dscru

This is a common problem. You will need to optimize your connection to reduce this problem.

To learn what to do read the thread called ELagaphant by Maccabi. It has the information you need.

Here is the link to save you looking it up

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/1849

Good luck.

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

Yeah, I've tried wired connection for a few days last wk. There was no difference between the two, still disconnected in the same manner.

Cheers for the link. I'll give it a read thru. Not much of a tech head, but i'll give it a go.

Level 3

in reply to Dscru

first off..where in the world are you and what isp..and what type of connection ie adsl or cable

secondly have im assuming you've tried reseting your router?

thirdly.. with wireless (even though thats obviously not the issue its always better to not use the stock wireless channel and use the one last one on your router (less chance of interference from other wifi signels and general household interference)

and last point have you tried playing with nothing but the xbox on ie no pcs ect

Level 75

in reply to Dscru

I have had the Exact same problem, tried lots of things to no prevail. My ISP was hopeless as well, very little info from them. I went down various help avenues, In the end, as a last resort I purchased a new router and since then I've had no problems. Like I said the new router was a last resort try the link gallp gave you first.

Level 15

Studios