MW3 knocks out internet connection :(

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

MW3 knocks out internet connection :(

It doesn't just disconnect me from Xbox Live, but my pc as well. It's like my router gets reset or something.

Mostly happens if I leave a lobby and do a new search. After the 1st time it usually is ok for an hour or 2 if I'm lucky. I would get more chance of a disconnect if I play in the standard playlist (especially Mercenary), so I usually stick to the DLC playlist.

This only happens with MW3 + has been happening since day 1. Some days are better than others (not 2day, hence the post).

All other games are fine. My internet is fine too - 45ping 2ms jitter + 0% packet loss.

I'm just curious if this has been happening to any1 else?

(I'm UK with O2 broadband)

Level 3
3 REPLIES

Re: MW3 knocks out internet connection :(

in reply to Dscru

This started happening to me all the time, I got so mad i changed isp to virgin. I was on be broasband (same company as o2).I looked on lots of sites and couldn't find out anything about the problem, are you using the router they sent you?

Level 2

in reply to GramsAndOunces

Yeah. They sent me a new router a while ago, but no change. Nothing about this on their forums. I spoke to them quite a bit on the phone too and nobody there has a clue to why this is happening lol.

Level 3

in reply to Dscru

Yeah i wasn't sure wether buying my own router would fix it and the general lack of knowledge on their part made me decide to switch over to virgin.

Level 2

Studios