Matchmaking/Lobbymaking Thread- How many would like to see the Full MW2 Ping Search Back

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Matchmaking/Lobbymaking Thread- How many would like to see the Full MW2 Ping Search Back

We all experienced the Black Ops style....whatever that was. I would like the style/type brought back from MW2 that showed the ping. It made you aware of how good of a lobby you were getting into based on connection. Feel free to discuss in hopes of a better matchmaking/lobbymaking system.

Well we have seen they brought back the ping search partially. I would love to see the full search increase, going by 10ms, how it did in MW2. Please IW/SH.

Activision Ambassador
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: This is the Matchmaking/Lobbymaking Thread- How many would like to see the MW2 type brought back?

in reply to esmorgue
Solution
‎23-09-2011 10:26 AM

I really hope its like MW2, the search by ping system was ten times better than what Treyarch asked Demonware to do for blops, terrible matchmaking, but that goes hand in hand with a terrible port

Level 45
62 REPLIES

This is the Matchmaking/Lobbymaking Thread- How many would like to see the MW2 type brought back?

in reply to esmorgue

I just can't stand Black Ops matchmaking system. It puts you all over the world. would like MW2 style back.

Activision Ambassador

Re: This is the Matchmaking/Lobbymaking Thread- How many would like to see the MW2 type brought back?

in reply to esmorgue

The matchmaking in black ops is atrocious, i dont know how it works but i do know that default, locale and local only make ZERO difference to the type off games i get. When playing solo i enter lobbies which are without doubt outside the UK. I've also noticed that i only have the advantage when the host is on the other team. Its seems evident that a 3 bar connection is better than a 4 bar. This fail off a game would have been something special had they nailed this properly. Its obvious it cannot be fixed as the volume off threads on the black ops forum in relation cannot go unnoticed by the developers.

On the up side for MW3 i did watch a few vids from the COD XP event which does seem to show the same ping system from mw2.. I only hope data collected for elite / theater mode doesnt interupt the connections and throw players out off sync. If it does they really ought to disable the feature alltogether.

I had considered ordering the hardened edition but should the issues from blops creep into MW3 it would be a waste off money. Much better to hold back and purchase the elite package at a later date just to be sure.

Level 10

This is the Matchmaking/Lobbymaking Thread- How many would like to see the MW2 type brought back?

in reply to esmorgue

I've been thinking this, ever since I found out that Black Ops doesn't work in the same way that the Modern Warfare 2's ping-based matchmaking. It definitely needs to return; it's the best matchmaking system any Call of Duty game has had.

Level 19

in reply to plasmaflame

Yep the MW2 matchmaking sytem was the best, nothing compared. COD4, WAW, and Black Ops's matchmaking sytems just through in lobbies with out analysing your connection ping time. MW2 system was awesome. The video does show it at 50Ms ping, but we actually never got to see it keep going. On MW2 the meter ended at 150ms, so I am hoping that is still the case.

Robert said that they have a locale only option like black ops had as well. I wonder if it seperate from the latency matchmaking. If they were to combine the systems that would give the best possible results. Not to mention that MW2's host choosing system and migration function worked perfect nearly 100% of the time. If it didn't work then it had to do with your router.

Ther system from MW2 need to return!

Level 15

in reply to esmorgue

The best what can happen is when local search for games would work. It never worked really. You most of the time got thrown into lobbys from the other side of the world, even with locale only.

Level 8

in reply to esmorgue

quick Q, are you meaning the layout? - i.e the tabs core, hardcore, barebones, dlc?

or do you mean the way it searches for games?

I personally like the black ops layout, its just a pity the actual matchmaking isnt very good!!

Level 20

in reply to whytie84

Maybe folk have seen this vid but if your only interested in the way the matchmaking works go to 24:30 and watch the next 10 seconds to see.

-HY

Level 10

in reply to willfal

willfal wrote:

Maybe folk have seen this vid but if your only interested in the way the matchmaking works go to 24:30 and watch the next 10 seconds to see.

-HY

Thanks for that. Cleared things up. The ping-based matchmaking is great; glad to see it returning.

Level 19

in reply to plasmaflame

I'll join with you on the tweeting Platinumb.

Activision Ambassador

Studios