Modded Clan Tags - Outdated, Unofficial but maybe relevant Information

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Modded Clan Tags - Outdated, Unofficial but maybe relevant Information

(from another thread): All this info is from last November when it was first going on, so it may not be valid for the current way of doing it. If you want to do it, go for it, but if it is deemed bannable, don't come back to the forums crying.

Took some time, but I found it through another (old) website that reported on the Bowling tweets from last November:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/warning-to-all-those-who-mod-clan-tag.61 2416/

Bowlings tweet asking people to report offenders (link on said page)

Any attempt to cheat, hack, or glitch in #MW3‬ will not be tolerated. 1600+ bans issued. Updates in works. Please cont. to report offenders.

From AV:

Unfortunately the original link is no llonger there, but this was an Activision answer:

Question: Can I be banned for using special characters in my clan tag?

Answer: Using any kind of hack or exploit to put characters or graphics into your clan tag can result in a suspension or full ban. You may only use the default set of characters included in the user interface.

TU6 stopped the 1st wave :

https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/statuses/1445223803609456

Take it for what you will. An official response is still needed, but imo... I would not do it.

Activision Ambassador
16 REPLIES

Re: Modded Clan Tags - Outdated, Unofficial but maybe relevant Information

That's why I reported everyone who is running a hacked clan tag

Level 8

that's all good but do you think it's right to report people for doing it when there is no official response out yet saying that you can or can't do it.

if people don't know if it's allowed or not should they get a ban if they have not been told not to do it ?

personally i think they should just patch it so no1 can do it if it's not allowed i think a ban is a bit much for something so minor.

Level 11

in reply to SUM1SLY83

They won't ban people just because a report goes through. If they get a ban then it must not be allowed

Level 75

in reply to SUM1SLY83

That is a VERY good point. However I have seen this many times, and even Robert Bowling said it in context:

- ignorance of law does not make it legal/ok

- even though we are patching it, you can still be banned for it

They could have just patched the token glitch right? I mean "they" allowed it in the game right?

A good point to mention is:

If something is not intended to be there (like a hole in the map, or a glitch like the token glitch or whatever), it is the players better judgement to not do it.

- doing it gives you what in a positive sense

- in a negative sense, it could get you banned

Risk vs rewards I suppose.  It is gonna suck on HOW they go about it, because innocent people (i.e. clan members) are gonna suffer if they are too harsh with the punishment. Having said that, the clan members can request their leader to take them off (this is what I would do until an official word comes out , just to be safe).

- This is all my opinion, but life has taught me a few things.

Activision Ambassador

a lot of good points you made but it's only a game and permanent ban or what ever they use 99999999999days or full resets seems a bit harsh in this case.

Level 11

in reply to SUM1SLY83

I'm pretty sure PSN doesn't issue perma bans on any first time offense. The Death Penalty only gets issued with major hacks that go beyond that of Aimbots. Stuff that targets personal information and drastically changes game experience

Level 75

in reply to SUM1SLY83

While it may seem harsh, I bet if just a few of those bans happened for 5000+ days, people might think twice.

Level 40

I report.  If they are not supposed to do it, then they deserve the punishment coming.  The only reason we aren't hearing anything about it now is they only care about failBOX issues and the new title.  PS3 means nothing to them.

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

Right, I think that everyone knows at this point that boosting is in the Ban category.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios