More excited for Minecraft 360 announcement than DLC drops

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: More excited for Minecraft 360 announcement than DLC drops

in reply to splittinwigs

i don't understand why alot of people like minecraf im sorry but it just doesn't look like fun... as a pixel artist minecraft is nothing new to me.

Level 6

in reply to splittinwigs

In previous titles, the anticipation of DLC excited the gaming community.  Players looked forward to new maps as a fresh look to the game.  We also got the opportunity to start playing at the same time - all of us.

In MW3, Elite has permanently fragmented the player base.  The overall failure of Elite may also play a part.  As an Elite member I played the new maps when they came out but it just didn't seem as fun or engaging as DLC from previous.titles,  I reverted back to the standard playlists but that's quickly getting boring too.

Level 3

in reply to splittinwigs

I too have been turned off of this game. It didn't take me until March however...

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 (the CoD game that got me hooked), and I even enjoyed Black Ops (regardless of the connection issues). However, with Modern Warfare 3 being nothing more than Modern Warfare 2.5, and having to deal with the connection issues as well, I got bored with this game much faster than any other CoD game I have played. I too made the mistake of purchasing Elite, which has been nothing more than a waste of 60 of my dollars. I have spent no more than an hour on all of the DLC combined. I know that I will not be buying the next IW title regardless of hype, because frankly, that's all it is.. hype. I'm sure it won't be long before people catch on to Activision's tactics - give us your money, we'll give you a subpar game.

The biggest issue with me is that you can clearly tell that IW/Activision wants nothing more than our money. They do not seem to care about our satisfaction. And it seems that no matter how many patches they introduce, it fixes nothing.

I do agree that the game is pretty fun if you have a full party, but due to the fact that most of my friends don't play the game anymore, and the difficulty in finding a game when you have 4+ party members, it's not a realistic everyday thing for me.

I have switched to Battlefield 3, and I cannot express how much more I enjoy BF3 compared to MW3. The dedicated servers (no matter what anyone says) really make the game a lot less frustrating than the lag compensation associated with MW3. I feel as if there is a lot more balance and variety in weapon choice, and if you play TDM like I do, you will notice that it is just as fast-paced as CoD. Or you can change it up and play conquest or rush and fly in a jet or helicopter, or operate a tank. Also, BF3 has a lot more teamwork involved and you are rewarded for being a team player, whereas, in MW3, it's all about personal achievements, which is another thing I think turned me off the game.

Sorry for the long rant...

Level 10

in reply to splittinwigs

I was excited to see the Minecraft release date today, then I saw that it is going to cost 1,600 microsoft points. Then can stick Minecraft up their ass. I refuse to pay $20.00 for an arcade game.

MW3 all day!

Level 1

in reply to splittinwigs

im using the 4000 msp so kindly refunded me for that pile of crap Elite and using that to pay for minecraft and cs:go when it finally hits..

this is the first cod game i havent bought the dlc for and have no intention of doing so , blops with all its faults for some people meant anytime i logged online my friends list was nearly full of people playing it so i could always find a party to join ..now im lucky if 3 of my friends are playing mw3, and if the euro lot are on a cod game its blops not mw3

oh and for the record.. anyone new to minecraft could do alot worse than go look up cappos vids on that yt thingymabob, if it wasnt for him and his vids id have thought meh to minecraft

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

Wow, a Minecraft plug for my videos in a call of duty forum. That means a lot Mac. .

I wish I could have gotten a refund for Elite.

Level 20

in reply to splittinwigs

I'm still hoping to hear more news an a Mac port for Star Wars The Old Republic. First heard about it early January and haven't heard anything since.

Level 43

in reply to splittinwigs

Well said Gen. Wiggy, I have went out and purchased W@W again and all the map packs for it. Copped Resident Evil ORC, this game has a the shortest life span of any CoD that I can remember. They already failed with adding prestiges, by the way ummm Dxp weekend.....Useless and will probably break this game even further.

This game is a complete disgrace to the franchise, they had to hire temporary workers to get it out. They shouldve just fell off into oblivion and saved their loyal customers the misery and pain of nearly having heart attacks and convulsions.

Im with Macc on this, if I wouldnt have bought the Hardened Edition,....I would not have bought the maps for either console. Im morfe excited about replaying W@W maps than I am these doofangles.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to splittinwigs

Forget about Minecraft... i just found out Jet set radio is coming to xbox arcade.

JET SET RADIO FTW!!!!!!!

Level 6

in reply to Southend_boi

Southend_boi wrote:

Forget about Minecraft... i just found out Jet set radio is coming to xbox arcade.

JET SET RADIO FTW!!!!!!!

Spend hours playing this on my dreamcast

Level 3

Studios