Reaper OP?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Reaper OP?

So after watcing the whole 4 hours of gameplay... I saw a lot of Reaper gameplay.  It does not seem at all balanced.  I dont understand this logic: 5 kills = 1 predator missile.  9 kills = 14 predator missiles?  Why on earth is it 14 predator missiles, 14 free kills because you got a 9 killstreak with the help of your other stacking killstreaks?

My initial thinking was: okay, maybe it will be really easy to shoot down fast.  But it clearly has flares just like the AC-130.   I dont think I've ever hit 14 kills with a single AC-130 in MW2, usually I can't even get 14 with a Chopper Gunner.  But the reaper requires 3 less kills than the AC-130?  The 2 other 9 killstreaks that the Reaper competes with (the Strafe Run and the AH-6 Overwatch) don't get nearly as many kills as this Reaper.  The Reaper easily racks up kills than the Talcon mini-take assault drone, which is a 10 killstreak.

Why would anyone ever use an AH-6 Overwatch, Strafe Run, Assault Drone, or even AC-130 or Pavelow when you can get this automatic win Reaper at 9 kills? 

If you can find some segments of the Reaper from that 4 hour livestream just go watch the Killfeed, or watch the killcams of it or the very last clip right at the end of the Stream where the player calls it in and automatically wins the game just because of it.  This thing gets more kills than an AC-130 and requires 3 less kills.  That is not balance.  I don't really care since I'll be playing Barebones anyways but that is just stupid.

Level 20
56 REPLIES

Re: Reaper OP?

in reply to iamhollywood5

Doesn't the Reaper only have 5 preds?

Level 21

in reply to davidlsofferman

well then if you think things are gonna be "OP",don't even f*cking bother buying MW3. F*cking lil 11 year old......

Level 17

in reply to lostxprophit

Funny thing is, 11 year olds are the only people on the planet that make posts like that.

And no I didn't plan on buying it anyways unless after 2 months people still say it's good.  I still want it to be a good game so that I will buy it in 2 months =)

Level 20

.....cool sotry bro....& I'm not 11 years old....I was JUST SAYING.........

Level 17

in reply to lostxprophit

cool sotry bro is another 11 year old type thing to say... "just sayin"

Level 20

It's true bro.. .like totally ... he is like 11 not 12 bro.. just sayin....

Honestly tho the area tageted will be marked on the map, if you are quick, you should be able to make it out of the area. Or go indoors.

Also the game being not even being released yet isn't a good sign of balance. I remember getting 25+ kill easily with chopper gunner and atleast 10 kills with dogs every single time when blackops came out. Mostly because people were running around like idiots. Now people go indoors, shoot it down, get ontop of things to stay away from dogs.

Level 34

I agree with you first part of this post. Saying "Dont buy the game really doesn"t help the thread.'

Level 2

in reply to davidlsofferman

No it definitely has 14 predator missiles.  I know, I shat brix when I first found out too.  Look up some footage of it, it has an ammo counter in the bottom right corner

Level 20

it will only be overpowered if you let it use a stinger and shoot it down its not that hard really

Level 30

Studios