Should snipers be nerfed in MW3?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Yes im already complaining about quickscoping in MW3 . Reason, i don't wanna see a bunch of kids in S&D doing attempting to do trick shots and not helping out the team in any way. Also, did you see HOW FREAKING FAST the sniper rifles locked on? DAMN! Turn aim assist on and you're a freaking god! One shot kill, any range....I think its too powerful. I like the way sniping is in Black Ops, IMHO sniping was at its best on black ops(bullet drop wouldn't hurt anybody....It would actually take skill to snipe....). So...Discuss. Should sniping be kept as it is on black ops or should it be the way it is right now in mw3?

Message was trolledby: padiego

Level 38
162 REPLIES

in reply to padiego

I think we should wait for the game to come out before we talk about nerfing any weapons but I think that is something they're going to end up patching sooner or later...

Level 9

in reply to wiiplayaaa

Once again I agree with u wiiplayaaa We shouldn't be talking about nerfing any weapons yet. But as for your question I think snipers should be just like the snipers in blackops

Level 7

in reply to wiiplayaaa

Well, we seen gameplay(i assume) of cod Xp, and sniping seems to be even EAISER than in MW2, and in MW2 every kid and their mother could snipe without any.....how do you say it....i forgot the world , well you could snipe without any attemp(LOL I FAIL AT GRAMMER!)

Level 38

in reply to padiego

I think they should make it so that Quickdraw does not effect snipers...and from the XP footage I've seen, the snipers don't even have sway...lol its kind of ridiculous but I'll wait for the game to come out before I make any assumptions...

Level 9

in reply to wiiplayaaa

I haven't really seen any vids on snipping in mw3 but after reading these message I think snipping might be 'overpowered'

Level 7

in reply to padiego

I agree the sniping in Modern Warfare 2 was too easy; hell I picked it up within a few days of playing with it.  Intervention sniper rifle to be exact, but the gun was sexy...

Anywho, I actually haven't seen any sniping game-play from Modern Warfare 3, so could someone direct me to it?  All-in-all, the sniping in Black Ops was pretty good, but personally Modern Warfare 2 sniping was fun, or usually way.  I just like the sniper rifles from Modern Warfare 2 more than the Black Ops sniper rifles.

Level 21

Re: Should snipers be nerfed in MW3?

in reply to padiego

Snipe without any skill?  Or effort maybe?

padiego wrote:

Well, we seen gameplay(i assume) of cod Xp, and sniping seems to be even EAISER than in MW2, and in MW2 every kid and their mother could snipe without any.....how do you say it....i forgot the world , well you could snipe without any attemp(LOL I FAIL AT GRAMMER!)

Level 33

in reply to padiego

i want it like cod4 and i wish it was only wii mote  but i am dreaming

Level 22

in reply to thepenguinz

Na I want the ccp to be in mw3. I might use both the wii mote and ccp just to get a hang on both controllers...not sure though.

Level 7

Studios