Sitrep Pro has completely F-ed alot of gametypes.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Sitrep Pro has completely F-ed alot of gametypes.

Does anyone else think that the patch for Sitrep Pro was a bit too extreme for a counter to Dead Silence?

Well the patch was too extreme and now has ruined MW3's multiplayer that I thought couldn't get any worse.

Level 47
85 REPLIES

Re: Sitrep Pro has completely F-ed alot of gametypes.

in reply to iivrruummii

It should've countered it from the beginning.

Level 11

in reply to OMFGimJOE1

Dead Silence SHOULD counter Sitrep NOT the other way around.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

that would be your opinion... but alas the devs don't see it that way.  Sit rep PRO was broken at first and was fixed.. get over it.  It's 1x volume... the same as your teammates footsteps those without DS on are at 4x volume and sound like elephants. And No, a base perk should not counter a pro perk.  At least sit rep pro takes some time to get pro unlike DS.

Level 20

in reply to that6uy420

It is broken now what are you talking about?  It isn't balanced.  I am sorry that I am not a scrub like you who, but I like to actually run around and not be heard by a camping scrub with Sitrep that can hear me coming.  Sitrep is broken and needs to be unpatched.  Basically it you a run and guner you are screwed but if you are a camper you got a perk that lets you hear EVERYONE'S footsteps.

It should never had been patched.  ENOUGH SAID.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

funny, I use sit rep pro all the time and I am more of a run n gunner now.  With EC it allows me to get in close to the enemy and give plenty more awareness when rounding corners or moving around different levels of a building.. resistance is a perfect example as you can tell if someone is in the house upstairs/downstairs.  The map with the hallway and the gallery.. you can tell if they are in the hallway and /or any wooden surface really. 

To me, it allows me to give better communication to my team as to the location of the enemy.  I find it to be far more useful when mobile than when just sitting in one spot collecting moss.

Level 20

in reply to iivrruummii

so wrong

after the patch they actually fixed it, ya hard to believe but true

dead silence makes your sounds 0.25x, i know as i always could hear myself slightly when using DS

sitrep makes enemy footsteps x4, 4x0.25=?   yup that's right, x1

and it really didn't change to much

still get caught offduard from someone running up behind me, with lets say steady aim whilest using a headset of nearly 200€ and using SR

so please shut it would ya

Level 8

in reply to NotablePie

if you have sitrep pro and  a headset and someone still runs up behind you, you either pay no mind to mini map, need a new headset, or have reflex's of a 200yr old paralyzed grandma

Level 2

in reply to kajunmulisha

or this game just has effed moments in the sound

funny only mw3 has it occuring

Level 8

in reply to kajunmulisha

kajunmulisha wrote:

if you have sitrep pro and  a headset and someone still runs up behind you, you either pay no mind to mini map, need a new headset, or have reflex's of a 200yr old paralyzed grandma

or there is air support in the air drowning out any sounds....

Level 20

Studios