Spawn trapping is a ban-able offence , , WTF, , ,

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Spawn trapping is a ban-able offence , , WTF, , ,

Sorry if ya already knew this, but it's news to me.I thought it was just good game play..

How can they enforce it? If you have players that snipe in certain spots spawn trapping is going to happen.

This is going way to far... In some game modes spawn trapping is going to happen,what are you supposed to do ,not shot someone so they can get out of spawn?WTF

https://twitter.com/#!/BanCandy/status/202151085505388546

Level 9
101 REPLIES

Re: Spawn trapping is a ban-able offence , , WTF, , ,

in reply to wolverinecm71

As much as I HATE cheating spawn trapping scum it is much easier for them to just ban people who do it instead of actually fixing the real cause of the problem in the first place, the horrific spawns.

Level 18

wolverinecm71 wrote:

Sorry if ya already knew this, but it's news to me.I thought it was just good game play..

How can they enforce it? If you have players that snipe in certain spots spawn trapping is going to happen.

This is going way to far... In some game modes spawn trapping is going to happen,what are you supposed to do ,not shot someone so they can get out of spawn?WTF

https://twitter.com/#!/BanCandy/status/202151085505388546

Not news...

... and there's a difference between spawn contain and spawn trap.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Thats my point ,it a fine line...interchange for one..almost every game someone gets trapped in the corner on the otherside of the tunnel..so all its going to take is someone getting upset they lost and sending in a video of them not being able to get out of that spawn and a team will get reset?Its not that hard to get trapped back there ( i have many times)if you are playing good players 3 players can trap ya  And thats just one map..I can see being upset but a ban-able offence.When the spawns are so f-d......I just dont get it..

Level 9

wolverinecm71 wrote:

Thats my point ,it a fine line...interchange for one..almost every game someone gets trapped in the corner on the otherside of the tunnel..so all its going to take is someone getting upset they lost and sending in a video of them not being able to get out of that spawn and a team will get reset?Its not that hard to get trapped back there ( i have many times)if you are playing good players 3 players can trap ya  And thats just one map..I can see being upset but a ban-able offence.When the spawns are so f-d......I just dont get it..

They ban for killing a team over, and over, and over as soon as they spawn.

Containing a team in their spawn (meaning the can try to get out but fail) is not the issue.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Ok thanks for the clarity...just seemed like a pretty grey area..

Level 9

I find it like this, the moral is just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. Let me put that to the context of this post. Just because of the terrible spawns doesn't mean we should spawn trap. Let me go into further details, if someone gets spawn trapped and they don't even know it then it's not that fair now is it? We can't assume everyone knows what spawn trapping is and how to do it. So it's not really fair for those people right? You could say life isn't fair but come on, I could say monopoly isn't fair when you loose and you're saying that's not fair when I cheat and you don't even know how I did it. I find Spawn Traps a ban-able offense and I see the ACR 6.8 or whatever the proper name is in the game is the exact same dealio, but since it's "in the game" means it's something not only I.W. will not ban people if they used them, but also I.W. doesn't have to fix they're little overpowered weapons/methods. If I.W. is banning spawn traps, why don't they have the guts to ban the ACR 6.8? Why you'll say it's in the game, but it doesn't matter, it's still a unfair advantage to those who choose not to use it and those who don't have it.

Level 1

in reply to SniperPhantomO0

i agree, that just because you can, doesnt mean you should. and yes the ACR is prob 1 of the easyest guns to use, but its easy to counter. for example I am an avid MK14 user. and 90 percent of the time ( at least a huge majority) of the time, i can out gun an acr, because of the accuracy of the mk14 and its damage, also you want to put yourself in wining positions when your in a gun fight..

someone on the offense useing an ACR against me on the defense using an mk14, ill be inticipating that player  allowing me to be in a dominate gun battle position.. when i see them, my mk will damage them harder and kill faster while they may get a hit marker or 2.. its about how your playing the game and if your countering correctly

countering is how you wint he game.. if a team has air support, you should switch to your blind eye class, i see soo many randoms and noobs using the same class over and over after they die from air support

Level 18

in reply to RAN Kismet

Wrong I dont care what you call it, spaw contain spawn kill, spawn trap, spawn yankee doodle, play the objective, cap ALL flags thats the objective , not cap b and c  and tlet them have A, so you know where they spawn. thats not fair and its not playing the game correctly. I too have just been runninga nd gunning and see a guy spawn infront of me, no one is saying let them kill you, just dont stick around for the next 5 or 6 , continue with the objective

Level 18

in reply to ERROR_6_

ERROR_6_ wrote:

[...] play the objective, cap ALL flags thats the objective , not cap b and c  and tlet them have A, so you know where they spawn. thats not fair and its not playing the game correctly. [...]

100% disagree.

RAN
Level 75

Studios