Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

LoL I got elite for less I think. Had points left over on account from previous games. So even though the overall cost may have been the same, the immeadiate cost was less.

Kinda silly people are crying about the sale now. Kinda silly that they though that the map packs would not ever go down in price, or not ever have a sale on them. Never assume anything like that about any game ever, no matter what the past history of the game had been.

Obviously... you get don't the principal.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to trialstardragon

I dont think you get it.

The DLC going on sale during MW3's content season is what people have a problem with.

People payed for CoD Elite expecting to save money on MW3's DLC, during it's Content Season.

If MW3's DLC went on sale during Black Ops II's season, it would have been fine, because Elite already saved them money on it during the year it came out.

But the fact that its on sale during MW3's season is a kick to the face by Activision, and it's bullcrap.

Level 11

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:

rankismet wrote:

MrFelon wrote:

no , col. 1 and col. 2 are 1200 msp . which equals $15 . 2 map packs equals $30 . plus there is no way that Elite was $40 , they never had a sale on COD Elite memberships. it's still $49.99 .

If you bought Hardened for $99.99... it came with Elite which made it $40 USD.

Know your facts.

Yeah Know your facts.

I got unlocky and cancelled my copy of Hardened. Had to pay the EXTRA 10 dollars to get Elite.

Ran, you lost 5 bucks, I lost 15

You got... frakked.

WTF?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Hope they do this next year too, as I won't be buying Elite again.

Level 4

in reply to RAN Kismet

Facts..never in the history of cod has there been a dlc price drop for a game that's actually half way through its life cycle,

We know there's issues with the dlc playlists with matchmaking and fractured playerbases which has been greatly compounded by the the fact the playlists suffer massive population drops

imo this is yet another botch idea to fix this,

By doing this all Activision have acomplished is making sure those on the fence never buy elite again as the only thing saving it was a psuedo saving on dlc, and causing anyone who bought elite or the dlcs seperately to once again feel ripped off, i mean seriously a 50% price drop on a dlc thats not even a month old.

and g-d knows how the ps3 community is going to take the news 360 players get the dlc 50% cheaper.

but hey im sure they have a plan to pacify the communities obvious anger at this "sale" (as seen over twitter and the forums today) by giving us double xp as a sweetner

on a seperate note lulz at your choice of tags ran ..classic

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Oh dear lord I didnt even think of the PS3 players. They'll have the pitchforks and torches out over this Im sure.

Level 24

in reply to deadestllama

Bubba...Hey Bubba!!!!! Get my shot gun out the shed whill ya, looks like those confuonded kidds over thurr done did it again.....

Level 7

in reply to Maccabi

all of this^

How in the world could I ever get clanmates to buy into this pyramid scheme next year?

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

CowboySr wrote:

all of this^

How in the world could I ever get clanmates to buy into this pyramid scheme next year?

I can't even get mine to play mw3

and final ranty on the subject, I really can't understand why Activision think dropping the price will solve their problems, the price isnt the issue with the dlc it never has been.

the issues are the maps are shite, the implementation of the dlc and playlists is appalling and even charging 10 msp isn't going to fix that.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

If they charged 10 MSP there would still be people complaining about why the maps arent free

Level 24

Studios