Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to Maccabi

add- clan ops are based on completing objectives that dont require teamwork, in fact quite the opposite.

Level 34
Likes: 771
Posts: 3593
Registered: ‎24-01-2012

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to CowboySr

CowboySr wrote:

add- clan ops are based on completing objectives that dont require teamwork, in fact quite the opposite.

and force you you to play domination in the most cack handed and wierd way possible

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to Maccabi

Yes the highest place teams agree in the lobby that they will capture a flag and rotate counter clockwise-no killing guys!!!

Level 34
Likes: 771
Posts: 3593
Registered: ‎24-01-2012

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

Facts..never in the history of cod has there been a dlc price drop for a game that's actually half way through its life cycle,

We know there's issues with the dlc playlists with matchmaking and fractured playerbases which has been greatly compounded by the the fact the playlists suffer massive population drops

imo this is yet another botch idea to fix this,

By doing this all Activision have acomplished is making sure those on the fence never buy elite again as the only thing saving it was a psuedo saving on dlc, and causing anyone who bought elite or the dlcs seperately to once again feel ripped off, i mean seriously a 50% price drop on a dlc thats not even a month old.

and g-d knows how the ps3 community is going to take the news 360 players get the dlc 50% cheaper.

but hey im sure they have a plan to pacify the communities obvious anger at this "sale" (as seen over twitter and the forums today) by giving us double xp as a sweetner

on a seperate note lulz at your choice of tags ran ..classic

Good points. They DID screw up elite for next year on this decision. I will rather pay extra and wait for the DLC.

Level 72
Likes: 2027
Posts: 13592
Registered: ‎03-09-2011

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Facts..never in the history of cod has there been a dlc price drop for a game that's actually half way through its life cycle,

We know there's issues with the dlc playlists with matchmaking and fractured playerbases which has been greatly compounded by the the fact the playlists suffer massive population drops

imo this is yet another botch idea to fix this,

By doing this all Activision have acomplished is making sure those on the fence never buy elite again as the only thing saving it was a psuedo saving on dlc, and causing anyone who bought elite or the dlcs seperately to once again feel ripped off, i mean seriously a 50% price drop on a dlc thats not even a month old.

and g-d knows how the ps3 community is going to take the news 360 players get the dlc 50% cheaper.

but hey im sure they have a plan to pacify the communities obvious anger at this "sale" (as seen over twitter and the forums today) by giving us double xp as a sweetner

on a seperate note lulz at your choice of tags ran ..classic

Good points. They DID screw up elite for next year on this decision. I will rather pay extra and wait for the DLC.

Or... in this case... wait... and pay less.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Likes: 4317
Posts: 15012
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to Maccabi

Buying elite was not just about the dlc though. It was about the ultra cool player card and emblem and if you became a founder that you get to sport that off on your elite profile too.

Plus there was the clans and clan levels and player cards and emblems relating to the clans.

So it was not just aboug saving on the DLC!

Level 70
Likes: 1950
Posts: 12882
Registered: ‎26-05-2011

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to RAN Kismet

Way to go Activision kicking us Elite subscribers in the groin when we were already down.

I understand when game companies don't live up to promises made I some how own all 3 Fables. But to take the one thing that Elite subscribers had is really a spit in the face. So if there is the 4 DLC content collection at 15 dollars a piece this deal still makes subscribing to Elite more expensive (15x4=60-15= 45) assuming you haven't already bought the packs. Plus what happens when they do it again with pack 3 and 4?

Yes Elite is a bait and switch but come on do you really have to do this to your loyal costumers ? Maybe it is time for us to stop feeding the machine so it can remember who help made it what it is today (Hey guys I bought Super Pitfall as a kid).

But don't worry guys here is one of the three things that going to happen because of this:

1. Nothing we just have to suck it up and take it like men.

2. We get more Double XP/ A Prestige Token (really only a small notch about doing nothing but at least they can say "Oh we do care")

3. The pull the deal and nobody is happy and it make it look like Microsoft is really the jerk.

Thanks Activision for dumping on your fan base. Thanks Beachhead for an incomplete broken product. Thanks Infinity Ward for the lack of community support and face off maps which are either incomplete map projects or your attempt to get us to play more private game matches.

Good Luck Treyarch and we'll see you in 5 months.

Level 1
Likes: 4
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎11-03-2012

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to Metaswordmaster1

Treyarch is tied-up with Activision just as much as IW is, so I don't forsee much of a change. In fact, I see things at best staying the same, at worst getting bad... really bad.

Level 19
Likes: 259
Posts: 980
Registered: ‎06-03-2012

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to RAN Kismet

Wait.. how much was Elite again?  What does this price drop represent in savings vs. buying elite from the start?

Do DLC buyers get their stats tracked and clan ops as well or is that Elite only?

Are we b*tching about $10 here? (all other issues aside... )

Level 5
Likes: 24
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎19-06-2012

Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

in reply to Get2DaChoppa1

Get2DaChoppa wrote:

Wait.. how much was Elite again?  What does this price drop represent in savings vs. buying elite from the start?

Do DLC buyers get their stats tracked and clan ops as well or is that Elite only?

Are we b*tching about $10 here? (all other issues aside... )

Elite is $50 USD.

Clan Ops are for subscribers only... but non subscribers would get the 2xXP and other things.

At this point... it's the principal.

The marketing and business model for this is an embarrassment.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Likes: 4317
Posts: 15012
Registered: ‎23-05-2011

Studios