The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'

so they "re-balanced" the FMG9 akimbo.  Except it did absolutely nothing, they still blatantly OP.  The only thing they changed was the fact that the hip-fire spread does not shrink when you stand still, so even when you are standing still the hip-fire is the same as if you are walking around, which is still smaller than all the SMG hip-fire boxes.

This doesn't make any difference because when you are firing a gun, the hip-fire box is always at maximum spread when shooting anyways, whether you are standing still or running.  The only guns this affects are semi-autos.  Try running around with them, they are literally just as accurate as they were before.

I guess i gotta wait til treyarch's next COD again to actually enjoy the game...

Level 20
77 REPLIES

Re: The FMG9 akimbo update -.-'

in reply to iamhollywood5

MW3 is balenced already. They just did the update so baddies like you would stop crying.

Level 1

in reply to Masta_Taco

We are the baddies? Says the person defending the FMG9s, possibly the worst thing since the MP40. As long as there are overpowered dual wield weapons and Type 95s, this game is not balanced(note how I said dual wield)

Level 61

in reply to An Oreo

I would agree with the other guy. Nearly a month of playing thus far and I havent had a problem with the FMG9's whatsoever. I also havent had a problem with ACR's or Type 95's or MP7's. The Type 95 is a small exception because its definately a beast weapon but it has faults that balance it out. You need to be good to do good with that gun. Noobs cant pick it up and rape like they could with a FAMAS in Black Ops or a UMP45 in MW2.

Concider the fact that you're probably running around with and most of your FMG9 deaths are at close range. Also try equipping the G18, that gun in my opinion is far better than the FMG9.

Also I would like to know where the proof is that the nerf happened already?

Level 33

in reply to vileself

Interestingly enough, the G18 is no more than a weaker FMG9 with less ammo.

Level 33

in reply to An Oreo

LOL... OMG.. the type 95 is not OP and never was it takes a good amount of skill to use correctly. Just because you die to it quickly does not make it OP. Hell in that case the Barret is OP, the FAD is OP, the UMP is OP, the ACR is OP. All weapons can seem to be OP if you are not good at the game and die to them often; but that does not mean they are OP and never will.

What is with people that cry about weapons being OP.. wow.. people are so whiny lately in these games.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

@trialstardragon

Do you even know what OP means?

It means a weapon carries 2-3x times the damage of any other weapon.

If you are the lucky 70% who get to use the Type 95's half burst kill then kudos to you.

It's OP because after landing my 6th-8th hit marker from a Scar they turn and fire one burst wildly and it happens to catch my knee with 2 bullets of the 3 shot burst and I go down.

It's just silly, no weapon in the game kills that fast. . . except the freaking FMG9's

They have immense recoil but you don't have to worry about it cause you only have to fire maybe 4 bullets from and angle at any range.

I don't worry about any kind of gun heading my way, but if I see those two arms stuck out, I just prepare for BS to follow.

Level 7

in reply to petainavis

These are completely OP, just because you use them doesn't mean they don't ought to be Nerfed.

Level 1

in reply to Masta_Taco

That dude is right. Im gonna put you all in your place and tell you first and foremost that the FMG9's were never overpowered. You just suck! People are so butthurt over the FMG9's because they are POPULAR! They are the first machine pistol unlocked so without ANY doubt you will see them more than the other machine pistols. Get over it children.

Do you know what would be overpowered... if you could go 15-0 with akimbo FMG9's with little to no effort. Can you? No of course not. What can you do with akimbo FMG9's? Get kills at close range and potentially medium range (against crappy players)...DUH thats what they're meant for!

In approximately 60 hours of gameplay thus far I have had ZERO negative things to say about the FMG9's. Thats because I dont suck and I dont let a sucky gun take advantage of me at ranges it isnt meant to.

If some of you played against me you'd probably say the Five Seven is OP'ed. I rape guys with that thing at ALL ranges. I've out sniped snipers with that thing and Ive also out performed SMGs at close range. All you do is cry. Like a crappy baby. Some babies are cool and fun but other babies are just whiny crappy no fun burdens.

Level 33

in reply to vileself

vileself wrote:

That dude is right. Im gonna put you all in your place and tell you first and foremost that the FMG9's were never overpowered. You just suck! People are so butthurt over the FMG9's because they are POPULAR! They are the first machine pistol unlocked so without ANY doubt you will see them more than the other machine pistols. Get over it children.

Do you know what would be overpowered... if you could go 15-0 with akimbo FMG9's with little to no effort. Can you? No of course not. What can you do with akimbo FMG9's? Get kills at close range and potentially medium range (against crappy players)...DUH thats what they're meant for!

In approximately 60 hours of gameplay thus far I have had ZERO negative things to say about the FMG9's. Thats because I dont suck and I dont let a sucky gun take advantage of me at ranges it isnt meant to.

If some of you played against me you'd probably say the Five Seven is OP'ed. I **** guys with that thing at ALL ranges. I've out sniped snipers with that thing and Ive also out performed SMGs at close range. All you do is cry. Like a crappy baby. Some babies are cool and fun but other babies are just whiny crappy no fun burdens.

Yea, they are not OP because people suck. Nice logic.

I hold a 2.12 KDR with a 3.60+ W/L (which would be higher if the game's lag comp. and the saturation of horrible hosts didn't hinder me) and I think it is OP.

FMGs are viable at medium range as well. The crosshairs are tight enough for it and the firerate aids it as well. Do note that you get a slightly higher RoF with the FMG Akimbo, but it is balanced because people saying it is OP, are bad at the game, right?

Level 47

Studios